1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's the Deal With Gilt Groupe Sales?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQBaller, Feb 17, 2009.

1. cchen

cchen Senior member

I actually think Gilt Groupe is leaving money on the table for not charging higher prices for some merchandise. Dynamic pricing would better for them, i think

2. GiltGroupe

GiltGroupe Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I actually think Gilt Groupe is leaving money on the table for not charging higher prices for some merchandise. Dynamic pricing would better for them, i think

By dynamic pricing do you mean that as something sells more and more the price increases?

3. cchen

cchen Senior member

No, I meant a better system for pricing by better matching supply/demand, much like airlines/hotels do.

For example, the BoO sale and RL Black Label sales sold out almost immediately. It seems that there is a segment of people who would have been willing to pay higher prices.

Then as you see demand decreasing you can dynamically lower the price.

4. GiltGroupe

No, I meant a better system for pricing by better matching supply/demand, much like airlines/hotels do.

For example, the BoO sale and RL Black Label sales sold out almost immediately. It seems that there is a segment of people who would have been willing to pay higher prices.

Then as you see demand decreasing you can dynamically lower the price.

That's just not something we're doing or in our business model. Once the price is set, it's set and won't change within the sale.

5. cchen

cchen Senior member

So like I said, you're leaving money on the table

6. GiltGroupe

So like I said, you're leaving money on the table

And then customers sit and wait trying to re-act at the last minute or become upset about pricing--it would only open up more issues.