• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's the deal with food snobs?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'nuff said.

Sometimes people just want to eat.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, there's good food and bad food. Since we aren't living in sub-saharan Africa on a six dollar a month food budget there's no reason to eat bad food.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you learn about food and cooking you finally realize that there are much better alternatives to readily available food.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
What's the deal with clothing/jean/suit/watch/haircut/protein supplement/interior design/architecture snobs?

There is snobbery in every single subforum in this forum. I don't see why people make a bigger deal out of food snobbery than any other one.

River Dog

Reaction score
I think some people here like to pretend that they only eat the best food known to man (which they may do ON OCCASION), but the reality is that they eat the same shit as the rest of us.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
'nuff said.

Sometimes people just want to eat.

And sometimes people just want to wear a fused black suit with kenneth cole loafers.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
tonight I will be eating at the highest level

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^

Tonight, I won't. Homemade sausage.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Actually, was thinking of having them with a bottle of the 09 Claypool that just came in.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
tonight I will be eating at the highest level

Make sure it is seasoned with expensive salts.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
actually, I don't think we'll end up going out. We're both beat after a long week, it'll probably end up being some Chianti and a movie at home. Perfect in my book.

The only food snobs that really annoy me are the idiots. That is, the ones who declare themselves experts by simply watching Top Chef and starting a blog, and yet say the words amuse-bouche or tourned carrot and they'll just give you a glazed (no pun intended) stare (not that I am not a food idiot - I fully admit that I am). We can group this with the hipsters that eat at fine places only during restaurant week since the $35 cut rate menu is cheaper than the $100 menu - but then proceed to rate and discuss the places like they are seasons regulars not realizing restaurant week is a special crap menu meant to appease people just like them with little effort or thought required by the chef.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Make sure it is seasoned with expensive salts.

I do have some special pink "andes mountain" salt that was a gift from a rather famous Peruvian chef. I still prefer Maldon

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.