• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with Common Projects?

kmistry

Reaction score
As much as I want to like common projects' sneakers (as they seem to be quite the thing), I always find myself thinking that they look wholly unspectacular.
Do I have to see them on a pair of feet or wear them myself to understand?
I am looking into trying to obtain a pair of high(er) end sneakers and was wondering if this forum might enlighten me.

Scooba

Reaction score
how about headin over to the Common Projects thread big guy

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmistry
As much as I want to like common projects' sneakers (as they seem to be quite the thing), I always find myself thinking that they look wholly unspectacular. Do I have to see them on a pair of feet or wear them myself to understand? I am looking into trying to obtain a pair of high(er) end sneakers and was wondering if this forum might enlighten me.
You answered your question right there in bold -- don't buy them if you don't like the way they look. Why would you? But there is an entire thread on CP's and your inquiry here is in no way unique. Research the thread...it will help you develop an appreciation and enthusiasm for them more so than if someone came in rattling off the good qualities of the shoe. People who work hard for their money, like myself, don't buy repeated pairs because they look bad and are of bad quality - I'll leave it at that.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problems man...

But a lot of us have been in your shoes right now (no pun intended). And for me at least, I didn't develop my true appreciation until I unboxed by first pair and just held them....not even tried them on and looked in the mirror -- but just held them..

and it's an "ooOoh...I see.." moment..

/end thread (to resume in CP thread if OP desires).

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
No problems man...

But a lot of us have been in your shoes right now (no pun intended). And for me at least, I didn't develop my true appreciation until I unboxed by first pair and just held them....not even tried them on and looked in the mirror -- but just held them..

and it's an "ooOoh...I see.." moment..

/end thread (to resume in CP thread if OP desires).

+1 to this feeling.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else read the title of this thread with Jerry Seinfeld's voice in mind?

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Common Projects occupies a celestial sphere of fashion design and expression that can only be recognized by the most discerning and elite of fashion enthusiasts.

JK, they're boring and look like **** (except for the officer boots)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
y6hed.jpg

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
There's a Common Projects thread and a baller sneakers thread and you decided this question warranted its own
+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads