1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's the deal with Armani suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dernier_cri, May 24, 2011.

1. NewYorkBuck

NewYorkBuck Senior member

I have owned an Armani black label for some time now. I dont wear it that much as its flat front and I have grown to dislike flat front pants, but the quality of the garment seems pretty good.

On the flip side, I was given an Armani Collezione tie once. Calling it a total piece of trash is giving it to much credit. With one wearing, the fabric rolled up on itself over the liner, and the rolls resisted all attempts at removal. In a fit I even took a hot iron to it just to see what would happen and to no avail. Own over 100 ties, and never seen this happen before or since.

2. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Oh, so you're the one who's always snagging them out from under me? [​IMG]

I saw one pair at NM that I absolutely loved but were ridiculously priced at almost $400. They didn't have them in my size and I'm still hunting for them to this day (1.5 years later!). The material was just -fantastic- ! At this point, they've achieved such a grail state in my mind, I'd probably pay full price, certainly I've wasted enough time looking to make it worth ponying up the cash [​IMG]

[​IMG] I have competition for the pants [​IMG]. I dont buy them online or eBay, I just pop into one of the GA outlets outside LA and wait for a sale that makes buying 3/4 pairs worthwhile.

Aye, that is harsh when you see pants you like priced at $400. It just does not make it fun when having to shop at such a ludicrous price - unless of course those pants were some kind of escorial wool / cashmere type fabric that raises the price through the roof.

I have a similar regret when I saw a sportcoat in a wonderful purple / gray blend with faint windowpane. Nicest OTR sportcoat I ever saw, but the material was cashmere, and the price was $5K knocked down to $2.4K. I just could not come to a decision, so decided to get get a coffee and roll a cigarette to think about it. After about 15 minutes of mulling over it, I got decisive and walked back into the store with the notion of purchasing it once and for all. When I went to the rack, the damn sport coat was not there - some other guy purchased it while I was gone. They had nothing hidden in stock, and no other store from which I could order it from!

Im trying to hunt down the fabric and get a decent tailor to make me the coat I want. 1 Year later, I keep drawing blanks - the sales people have no clue what I am talking about, and without pictures of the jacket, it is long gone, long forgotten [​IMG]

3. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

I just havent found one that fit me the way I like. Seems the lapel notch is always lower than i prefer.

+1, almost affectedly low, to make some sartorial point. I think its not sleek, and ugly.