What's the best Proteine shake

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by IndianBoyz, Aug 4, 2009.

1. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

Mango Lassi for world domination and cultural preservation.

2. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

Mango Lassi for world domination and cultural preservation.

[​IMG]

In the Netherlands! Where the cheese is the best.

3. why

why Senior member

[​IMG]

In the Netherlands! Where the cheese is the best.

Do they have singles?

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

population pudding

5. go0gle

go0gle Active Member

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

7. william

william Senior member

population pudding

lol

I use Nutribiotic Rice Protein and plain egg white protein from Sportsprotein.com (super cheap if you order 10lbs at a time).

8. why

why Senior member

I don't really understand protein shakes...

9. taktikz

taktikz Senior member

Muscle Milk & Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't really understand protein shakes...
    Why

11. why

why Senior member

Why

Well, what's the point? Most people who are training get an adequate amount of protein from food, and if they aren't filling in dietary voids with a protein shake reinforces the protein shake as a dietary necessity when it really isn't. Diets and training should be both adaptive and prescriptive; I see a lot of people relying on a prescribed modality for diet and training and don't ever take the time to analyze why the prescription was given to begin with.

Knowledge is power and all that.

12. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

We need more info. Do you want whey, casein, or a blend? Don't buy ON. It's overpriced and doesn't have enough isolate for how much it costs. Xtreme Formulations Whey is nice. Use it in the mornings and after workouts. ON's casein is nice for before bed or as a meal replacement. Somebody said use ON whey before bed. Don't do that. You can but it's not as good as casein. Whey takes about 2 hours to digest and casein takes about 8 which is ideal when your sleeping.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Well, what's the point? Most people who are training get an adequate amount of protein from food, and if they aren't filling in dietary voids with a protein shake reinforces the protein shake as a dietary necessity when it really isn't. Diets and training should be both adaptive and prescriptive; I see a lot of people relying on a prescribed modality for diet and training and don't ever take the time to analyze why the prescription was given to begin with. Knowledge is power and all that.
    Which modalities? The only constant that I've ever found is 1g of protein for each lb of weight. Everything else seems to be fuzzy logic. As for the protein powders, I do find it hard to be able to eat all the protein required to get to 1g per 1lb lean each day and being able to mix them into foods is an easy way to add protein into your diet.

14. why

why Senior member

Which modalities? The only constant that I've ever found is 1g of protein for each lb of weight. Everything else seems to be fuzzy logic.

I was speaking more in the general sense there. Going with your example, though...

That's the case in point: is a reliance on supplements a dietary issue? I always saw it as one, since people that relied on protein powders tended to not know what to do without one. It's a little too rigid for life. I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and not know what to get because there isn't Myoplex on the menu. Like I said in another thread, I just see supping and dining as more satiating than eating -- both in the social and nutritional sense.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was speaking more in the general sense there. Going with your example, though... That's the case in point: is a reliance on supplements a dietary issue? I always saw it as one, since people that relied on protein powders tended to not know what to do without one. It's a little to rigid for life. I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and not know what to get because there isn't Myoplex on the menu.
    Didn't know if you had anything specific in mind. I don't find it to be a reliance but more of an "easy access" thing. Easy to add, easy to use, and there in case I need it. I do understand what you mean with the restaurant example though. People live and die by this shit far too much.