• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the best hairproduct?

dom999

Reaction score
hi guys,

so, im looking for a really good hair product, because im not extremly satisfied with mine.

what i got:

american crew fiber
american crew forming cream
paul mitchell tea tree shaping cream
black & white pluko pomade

but none of these give me enough hold for the desired look.

i wanted to go for something "messy" like this (even though im not really a efron fan, i like the style)

so, the thing is: my hair is about the same length, maybe a bit shorter but i will let it grow. hair color matches too actually.

but none of my products give me enough texture and hold at the same time.

so im looking for a great product with amazing hold, bit gel is a no go for me.

any suggestions?

oh and pls excuse my poor english skills
biggrin.gif

Erlendsen

Reaction score
It`s rather hard to help you without some insight on how your hair looks like. However, my advice would be to test out the Terence Renati series. If I wanted to have the look you added in your post, I would go for this:
_REN0002_3.jpg
It has great hold, is not very shiny and very durable. I don`t believe it is very well known in USA, but here in Norway everybody have heard of it. I know Renati is used as a benchmark by Fudge/TIGI creators, as I`ve helped them develop waxes.

dom999

Reaction score
well, my hair is probably a little bit thinner than on the pic above, but other than that i guess pretty much the same.

sadly the renati products are not available in germany, not even via ebay. other suggestions for similar?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dom999

Reaction score
What about american crew molding clay and clay stuff like that, or redken rough clay?
will that hold better than crew fiber which is supposed to be high hold bit imo its more like medium.

edit:

jeah, the redken stuff is available here
smile.gif
german?
wink.gif

im gonna try that stuff out soon, thank you.

other suggestions?

Erlendsen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dom999
sadly the renati products are not available in germany, not even via ebay. other suggestions for similar?

I would still recommend Renati, buddy. Are you able to order from outside Germany?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about american crew molding clay and clay stuff like that, or redken rough clay?
will that hold better than crew fiber which is supposed to be high hold bit imo its more like medium.

All the clays will hold better than AC Fiber.

Ich bin nicht Deutsch, aber ich erlente wenig vor langer Zeit.

dom999

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Erlendsen
I would still recommend Renati, buddy. Are you able to order from outside Germany?

i am, but most of the times the shipping costs are crazy. does someone know a shop with reasonable shipping costs within europe?

Erlendsen

Reaction score
i am, but most of the times the shipping costs are crazy. does someone know a shop with reasonable shipping costs within europe?
I can`t help you there, champ, but I could send it from Norway if you don`t find any more conforming alternatives. I do believe you will find it cheaper online though. Check out the total costs, and keep me posted. I think you`ll find the steep price worth it as it is quite economical. I`ve had my box of wax for over two months, and maybe used 1/4 of it. And I have a lot of hair as of now.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres alot of gatsby stuff, do u mean one in particular?

Depends on the look you're going for. I've found that grunge matte does the best job and achieves the best results. It's not too shiny, lightweight hold, and I can still run my fingers through my hair without worrying about losing hold.

I'm curious to try Baxter of California's product since it's water based or any water based product since I'm assuming it's a bit easier to rinse off in the morning.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have these 3 and they work wonders:

Gatsby (pink)
Murray's Pomade
Layrite Deluxe

Layrite has worked the best for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads