• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the BEST deal you ever got on new or used fine clothing or shoes???

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm looking for some great stories about how you got a GREAT DEAL on a wonderful suit, pair of shoes, or other article of fine clothing!

We all know that there are many incredible artisans out there who make beautiful products. We also know that the best often has a high price to pay.

If you've got millions in an account and can afford to walk into the John Lobb factory & buy 10 pairs of bespoke whenever you fancy, more power to you.

If you're like the rest of us (or maybe just those who live for a bargain), then you have to look far and wide... and be quick to find that ultimate deal.

I ask this because I recently hit my own jackpot when I purchased 8 pairs of limited edition Santoni Norvegese and Bentivegna shoes for around $100.00 a piece. To say they were well taken care of is an understatement. Each pair looks like they were worn no more than 5 times. I still can't believe it! I woke up early one Saturday morning and found a 15 minute old ebay auction for 5 pairs for $400 "buy it now" with some bad cell phone pics. Figured i'd take a risk, and a week later I was nearly floored when they arrived.

We did another sale off e-bay, and I've now got the nicest 8 pairs of shoes i've ever personally seen for less than my 2 new pairs of Trickers cost.

I'll put up some pics soon, in case anyone would like to take a look.

What's YOUR story?????????

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bespoke Huntsman suit. A room-mate at univerity is rather well off and thought I'd like it, so got me set up while having his last fitting. At a guess I'd say it cost close on £3,500 with cloth and stuff. Nice guy.

EricE.

Reaction score
went into that cheap looking sale shop and spotted a nice sportcoat, tried it on and BAM fitted like a glove. looked at the price tag and it was 100,- (original price was 1250,-). maker is sartoria partenopea. never heard of that brand before, but it is very good quality
smile.gif

feels good, man
smile.gif

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I think the biggest markdown I've ever managed was about $600-$700 off original retail.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New RLBL suit for $400 at the RL store (1600 off retail)
Got brand new AE Stanton firsts at $130 (shoes.com deal)
RL Stantons for $60 (around 500 retail)
Daffys for Mabitex and Incotex (probably saved over 5000 bucks off retail)

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
A bespoke Huntsman suit. A room-mate at univerity is rather well off and thought I'd like it, so got me set up while having his last fitting. At a guess I'd say it cost close on £3,500 with cloth and stuff. Nice guy.

/thread
Freaking awesome...

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This guy takes the cake:
Originally Posted by mainy
at first i thought this was just another run of the mill suede jacket then i realized it weighed like, 5 pounds
v5vcdd.jpg
and had a lambskin lining...
10sg7rb.jpg
...and still had the tags in the pocket. 3 years old, can't find a flaw. thought this was worth a brag post

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear so many great stories!

If possible, let's see if we can see some more pictures.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Once scored a $1200 MSRP John Varvatos mainline (made in Italy) tweed blazer for $250 at a sample sale.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
In seriousness, I once bought a vintage Louis Vuitton suitcase and a 1920's Goyard trunk for $30 at a garage sale. Talked them down from $40 too.
thumbs-up.gif
Would like to see pics, trunk in particular.
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Heh, guess he thought you were a good fellatio

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads