• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the BEST deal you ever got on new or used fine clothing or shoes???

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

28 practically new MTM Hermes shirts with wooden hanger for about $75 each. Also 20 RLPL polo shirts with hangers for $20 each. Also picked up 2 MTM Hermes sport Jackets and 1 MTM Hermes suit for about $450 each. He had to fly to Paris 3 times to get fitted, and pick up the clothes. $ shirts in the back were PLRL for the same price.

Very nice guy about 63 years old who just married a 26 year old wife. She wanted half the closet space.

Is this for real?

-LR

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing can beat the guy who found a brand new pair of JL Prestige shoes at a thrift store for $2!! With lasted trees!! It's in one of the other threads but I remember it vividly since they were my size...

edit: here's the post http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1196

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Yesterday - a pair of Santoni FAM and a pair of Fr. Rosetti for less than 200 USD both (bankruptcy sale)!

artoftime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Nothing can beat the guy who found a brand new pair of JL Prestige shoes at a thrift store for $2!! With lasted trees!! It's in one of the other threads but I remember it vividly since they were my size...

nauseating
uhoh.gif

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I found a charcoal nail head with blue windowpane PRL suit for 2 dollars at a thrift store. Unfortunately, though it was a snug 40r, the sleeves were much too short for my tailor to salvage. So, I sold it to him and he took about 50 dollars off my tailoring bill that day. Seemed like a fair compromise =)

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's bloody ridiculous
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
worship.gif

I came quite close with 4 x pairs of JL bespokes but that was for the princely sum of £100:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...bb#post1801834

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best single haul was 4 years ago:

2 pure Cashmere Brioni SC, palatino model @ $7.00
1 Kiton 95% Cashmere 5% silk houndstooth SC @ $5.00
3 new MTM Oxxford Suits @ $20.00 each
there were also some shirts and ties on that one, but I cant remember what they were.

All of these have found homes via our BS thread.

The only other to rival that was the Kiton 100% Cashmere suit I found.

jonnyt

Reaction score
£180 for a Dior grey wool/ cashmere blazer/ jacket marked £900+ in Harrods 10 years ago.
Was end of season sale with some extra bonus for using amex but even so I think it was mispriced as none of the other sale stuff was discounted so deep.
At the time I couldn't afford it but it fit me so well I couldn't resist. I still get comments on it now and prefer it to most of my more recent made to measure stuff.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a certain point, you have to think to yourself: these shoes made it to this thrift store purely by mistake. Not that anyone has an obligation to get the shoes to their rightful owner...just saying.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$150 for a double vented navy Kiton SC, perfect fit (thanks Shikar)
£99 for Edward Green for Kurt Geiger suede wingtips (Sandringham) in wine color, also got the leather Chelsea captoes, but they cost much more to proxy.
£50 plus shipping for Vass Alt Wein (odd shape, but it has grown on me).
3636altweinantiquecognacx2solesi9.jpg

$350 for NIB Gaziano & Girling brown captoes (thanks whusurdadi, I hope they will arrive today)
DSC_0031-4.jpg

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My personal bests that I can recall have been here on the B&S first was a silk and cotton Isaia suit bought from Ed for around $300 or so which I love dearly. I feel like a Panamian pimp in that puppy and wish I had more in this fabric for the summer months.

The other is a 100% cashmere Brioni SC also bought from Ed for $200 which had the front buttons lost at Barney's and no one on the boards seemed interested.

Both NWT of course.

bbhewee

Reaction score
A solid navy SB2B RLPL suit from an outlet for 300 GBP. Pleated trousers but I can live with that for the price. A Tom Ford/James Bond overcoat from Harrods for 500 GBP down from 2300 or so. A Burberry Made in England trench coat for 150 GBP from the Burberry sample sale. A ridiculous purple cable cashmere roll neck from Burberry for 100 Euros down from 1300 Euros or so. Two pairs of brand new Berluti Alessandros (brown classic club and tan camel norvegese) for 150 GBP each. A pair of EG Fromes from GQHustler.
smile.gif

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say either:

Polo Ralph Lauren Horatio Loafers For $49.99 shipped from Grapevinehill ($450 off retail)

or

A Pal Zileri suit my boss gave me for free because he was my same size after graduating college and hasn't fit in the suit for years!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics