• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the best Caribbean island to check out?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of friends of mine want to travel there in the summer, whats the best spot for a group of 20 year olds to party for cheap?

thanks.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that age, I'd go to Jamaica or Cancun or some other party town with co-eds circulating through.

prep333

Reaction score
I went to the British Virgin Islands last year around christmas time, and it was more of a family scene, and rather expensive. I have not been to the US virgin islands which may be different. I'd say go for one of those cheap all inclusive deals during a spring break to Cancun where there is mitt here there and everywhere.

Originally Posted by facebookdigg123
virgin islands

Esa

Reaction score
Cancun is best for a party.

Oyaji

Reaction score
If you all hold a Canadian passport -> Cuba

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I am Cuban and Cuba is meh. I would say St. Maarten or Cayman Islands

Ok I just saw you said 20 yrs old, I am 22 and for the best party type atmosphere any island would do, you will see how slow and laid back everything is compared to say the States. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Ocho Rios Jamaica, or the old favorite Cozumel or Cancun is what I recommend. Just be wary of the natives selling you crap, especially in Jamaica

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
I am Cuban and Cuba is meh. I would say St. Maarten or Cayman Islands

Ok I just saw you said 20 yrs old, I am 22 and for the best party type atmosphere any island would do, you will see how slow and laid back everything is compared to say the States. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Ocho Rios Jamaica, or the old favorite Cozumel or Cancun is what I recommend. Just be wary of the natives selling you crap, especially in Jamaica

Makes sense.

I am actually quite interested in Cuba, where can I buy cheap cigars? Do you recommend I go directly to a factory and buying from there?

Also what are the peak seasons?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and also whats the best place to book tix from?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you considered speaking with a travel agent?

I know it seems outdated in his modern age of booking everything yourself...but you know that there is someone out there whose job is to answer your questions?

xpress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
and also whats the best place to book tix from?

Expedia.
worship.gif

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to plan a bachelor party for ~july. Any places down there worth booking a trip for? Need gentlemanly establishments.....

300zx1985

Reaction score
I went to Jamaica and stayed at an all-inclusive resport. I enjoyed it for a few reasons... first off - unlimited drinks and food (it was all tastey and well prepated too). It was all in one large resport so I didnt have to worry about driving or getting too trashed around sketchy people or areas. I like to be able to have fun without worrying - let my guard down. There was also daily shuttles to activities all around town there (I stayed at a resort near Montego Bay). Compared to the Bahammas I enjoyed Jamaica more. If smoking is your thing there is ample supply there too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics