• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best anti-wrinkle cream?

Faktum

Reaction score
Hi.

What's the best anti-wrinkle cream? I have tried one that had a SPF 55 and I think it worked. However, I had the whitest skin in class after using it. I'm usually not the one that has the whitest skin in the class. Which one should I use that still gives me some color from the sun? I am using Dermalogica now, but I'm not sure if that's the best one.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faktum
Hi.

I have tried one that had a SPF 55 and I think it worked.

Was it really 55? If so, then no wonder you had the whitest skin in class. Are you sure it wasn't 15?

Faktum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Was it really 55? If so, then no wonder you had the whitest skin in class. Are you sure it wasn't 15?

Yes, it was 55
laugh.gif
. The brand was La Roche Posay.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how this thread has gone, but I was wondering if there was an anti-wrinkle cream for men? Are there other products like subtle foundations that we can put on to make our face appear smoother (yet not look like we're wearing makeup)??

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Well I do not really think there is any reason to by a cream specifically for men but Cellocosmet has a line specifically for men called Cellmen and the guy at the counter claims that because men have harder thicker skin we need moisturizers specifically for men...I used their samples are they were really nice but way to expensive.

I have La Prairie Marine Biology SPF20 and I really like it...hard to say if it is worth it though. La Prairie's best products are definitely the Caviar Eye Essence which gives you an instant eye lift and the Skin Caviar Body Emulsion.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started using Clinique mosturizer in my early 20's. (I'm 55 now) I have better looking skin than my sister or brother . Although I got significantly more sun, they never used anything. I also started using Renova about 10 years ago and I liked the results. About 5 years ago I started using Clinique with SPF 21.

If I had to do it all over I would have used the mosturizer with sunscreen every day. I would also start using Renova by your late 20's. I know people who have and the results are amazing.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do men really need this?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
do men really need this?

It actually makes my skin feel better. It would otherwise feel quite dry (I come from a family with fair, chronic dry skin). I suppose if I had olive skin with normal skin oil, then probably not.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I started using Clinique mosturizer in my early 20's. (I'm 55 now) I have better looking skin than my sister or brother . Although I got significantly more sun, they never used anything. I also started using Renova about 10 years ago and I liked the results. About 5 years ago I started using Clinique with SPF 21.

If I had to do it all over I would have used the mosturizer with sunscreen every day. I would also start using Renova by your late 20's. I know people who have and the results are amazing.

That's good news to hear. I'm 24, so hopefully it's not too late to get started. I already have creases (no wrinkles yet per se) starting. Why do you guys keep talking about SPF? That's just sunscreen right? And by 'lotion', do you just mean moisturizer? I was hoping there was something a little more advanced than just moisturizing sunscreen out there...that's not too expensive of course. I'll check out those products you mentioned.

"Do men really need this?" Of course, especially if I never find a woman that wants to marry me, I have to keep looking young so I can stay in the field! It's shallow, but we live in a shallow world...

thizzface

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
do men really need this?
+1
Originally Posted by Svenn
"Do men really need this?" Of course, especially if I never find a woman that wants to marry me, I have to keep looking young so I can stay in the field! It's shallow, but we live in a shallow world...
what do you think the women will say when they find out you use wrinkle cream? most want a ruggedly handsome man... not sure how many like'em smooth like a baby. i say, just lotion up if you're dry. sunscreen to keep yourself from gettin' burnt.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
neutrogena healthy skin lotion with spf 15

it has AHA and spf to keep you turning over the skin cells more rapidly and the stuff is cheap. $10 a bottle. i started using it in my regimen to get rid of acne and have never stopped. i get compliments all the time about how i have good skin now.

maybe when i'm older i'll switch to something more intensive but for now this stuff is great.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you think the women will say when they find out you use wrinkle cream? most want a ruggedly handsome man... not sure how many like'em smooth like a baby.
You have a point. There is some research indicating that women like some wear and tear on men's skin and also some stubble. That said, skin care is important for other reasons, and if one wishes to look younger than his years (because older women don't count, it seems), skin can give away his true age.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads