• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best anti-wrinkle cream?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
do men really need this?

well, if you care about maintaining a youthful look around the eyes (which imo, is them primary gauge to looking aged , other than gaining weight and sagging skin) this is sort of important.

i wasnt really into taking care of my skin, until, i noticed some very subtle but minor skin blemishes due to age, sun, and just not taking care of it.

youdee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faktum
Hi.

What's the best anti-wrinkle cream? I have tried one that had a SPF 55 and I think it worked. However, I had the whitest skin in class after using it. I'm usually not the one that has the whitest skin in the class. Which one should I use that still gives me some color from the sun? I am using Dermalogica now, but I'm not sure if that's the best one.

The best anti-wrinkle creams are retinoids and sunscreen. Both have been clinically proven to stall and improve upon the ageing process on skin. Neutrogena Healthy Skin is a good place to start with retinoids, use it only at night.

As for sunscreen, you may want to look into the sunscreens from Olay. The regenerist sunscreen has both a good SPF and PPD rating (which measures protection from UVA rays, the ones that age and cause skin discolouration). It doesn't leave a white cast. If you're looking to gain colour from the sun then you'll have to sacrifice a bit of sun protection and go for an SPF30 sunscreen, there are excellent ones available from most brands - La Roche Posay, L'oreal and Neutrogena being among the best. Generally speaking, the lower the SPF - the less of a white cast. That's because with a higher SPF comes an increased amount of titanium and zinc (both of which leave a white cast on the skin).

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faktum
Hi.

What's the best anti-wrinkle cream? I have tried one that had a SPF 55 and I think it worked. However, I had the whitest skin in class after using it. I'm usually not the one that has the whitest skin in the class. Which one should I use that still gives me some color from the sun? I am using Dermalogica now, but I'm not sure if that's the best one.

Wow! These are all very good products and great tips. I wrote post about the 3 most important ingredients to look for in an Anti-Aging/Wrinkle cream @ themensroom.com.

Here is link!

http://www.themensroom.com/face/yout...d-these-items/

Vanessa

Reaction score
Let's face it, i think we can not stop ourselves from getting older. More importantly wee should choose the right cream. The best anti wrinkle eye cream is so important to look good.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Saw this article that might be of help on Dr Eades Twitter sight: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/ http://www.newscientist.com/article/...-wrinkles.html Anti-ageing cream as good as drug at reducing wrinkles 15:07 15 February 2010 by Linda Geddes The cosmetics industry could be on the brink of a much-needed facelift. For the first time, an anti-wrinkle cosmetic has been compared with the gold-standard prescription drug for skin ageing – and appears to be just as effective at reducing wrinkle depth. As well as being good news for people who want to look younger for longer, the result – from US-based researchers at the firm Procter & Gamble – could up the pressure on cosmetics companies to offer proof of the claims they make about their products. Until now, such proof has been thin on the ground. "I think these studies will raise the bar, because they show that you can trial these products in the same way that you trial a drug, and the cosmetics industry has never had to do that before," says Christopher Griffiths of the University of Manchester, UK, who advised P&G on the design of the study, but was not involved in carrying it out. To develop the cosmetic – which consists of a regimen of three creams sold as Olay Pro-x – P&G used DNA microarrays to screen a range of existing cosmetic ingredients and identify those that changed the expression of a number of genes involved in skin ageing. What the experts want Before testing the resulting product, the firm consulted a panel of eight dermatologists, including Griffiths, and asked them what evidence they would need to be convinced that it worked. The panel's first suggestion was that the product be tested over a prolonged period of time, around eight weeks. "Then we said, 'You're also going to have to go up against the clinical benchmark: tretinoin [trans-retinoic-acid],'" says panel member Stephen Mandy, a practising dermatologist based in Florida and a volunteer professor at the University of Miami. "There was this kind of hushed silence. Then they agreed to do it." P&G isn't the first cosmetics firm to make public a scientific trial of a skincare product. In 2007, Boots in the UK made headlines when it compared its "Protect and Perfect" lotion with retinoic acid in a 12-day trial and showed that there was less sun damage in biopsies of skin treated with Protect and Perfect. But P&G's latest result is the first long-term trial that has shown a cosmetic product to be as effective as retinoic acid. A longer-term trial of Protect and Perfect also produced a positive result, but only in comparison with a placebo moisturiser, not retinoic acid. Wrinkle depth In the current study, 99 women volunteers were given a regimen of three Olay Pro-x products, and 97 were prescribed tretinoin. The depth of their wrinkles was assessed before and after the treatments, and those assessing them were not told which product the women were using. After eight weeks, the women using Pro-x showed a significant improvement in the appearance of their wrinkles compared with those using tretinoin. The women also tolerated Pro-x better than tretinoin, which caused irritation in some of the women. Some of the volunteers were followed for a further 16 weeks, after which both treatments were judged to have improved the appearance of wrinkles to about the same extent. "This is the first time that a cosmetic product has been tested head-to-head against a drug product over a long period of time and they've shown parity," says Mandy. "This is pretty landmark stuff." Medicine or make-up? It's not only researchers who advised P&G that are impressed. "I'm delighted somebody has done a real study and that they're setting about this with a scientific method," says Richard Weller , a dermatologist at the University of Edinburgh, UK. "I'm hoping that the public will fall for hard data and base their decisions on that." But if Olay Pro-x works as well as a drug, should it be classified as one? P&G don't have to worry about that in the US: there, it is already on sale, and its components have previously been classified as cosmetic ingredients, meaning that it can be marketed as a cosmetic product. A similar argument may well hold in the UK. "As long as you're not talking about diseases, the product remains a cosmetic, unless you have in it an ingredient that is only available on prescription," says Chris Flower, director of the UK's Cosmetic, Toiletry and Perfumery Association. But Weller says the new finding could prevent Olay Pro-x from being launched as a cosmetic in Europe. He says that the European Cosmetics Directive considers a product that has a significant effect to be more than just a cosmetic. "Here they are saying something is as good as retinoic acid, which is a prescription drug," he says. Reference: British Journal of Dermatology, DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2133.2009.09436.x

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, the concentration of Retin-A used was 0.02% which is the lowest prescription concentration. Prescription concentrations go up to 0.1% (50 times stronger).

Second, the Retin-A was used every other day for the first two weeks and then once per day for the remaining 6 weeks. The Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment, which contains the retinoid, retinyl propionate, was used twice per day throughout the study. Retinyl propionate is quite a weak retinoid, however it was used twice per day for the whole study. Therefore, the way the study is presented is a little misleading since there were retinoids in both treatments.
http://zikkir.com/health/65953

Mr. White

Reaction score
Adults get grey hair, go bald, get darkened teeth, and get wrinkly and spotted skin. Children don't. There is something deeply wrong with an adult who tries to masquerade as a child.

There are plenty of young women who "have a thing" for older men. There are plenty of older men who won't hesitate a second at taking those young women.

Older women aren't fertile and are out of the game. Tough. That's how it is. The so-called "anti-aging" (cosmetics) industry exists to defraud old women of their money. Men aren't women. Men are fertile at older ages. Again, tough. That's how it is.

Reaction score
Products of "Boots" are best for anti aging. Boots anti wrinkle cream is the best solution to overcome the problem of wrinkles.

insomb

Reaction score
Hey how do you like the Dermalogica line, it's pricey but is it worth it?

Michelle001

Reaction score
The best anti wrinkle cream is the one which has got antioxidant in its ingredients. Some anti aging products contain a range of nasty chemicals which may be harmful to your skin. It is advisable to have a patch test done prior using any new products, as this may reduce the risk of any side effects. Natural wrinkle cream is the best as it is free of chemicals.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Eminence - great eye cream

dalej

Reaction score
use Tretinion ,05 or .10 % cream it will reduce fine lines ans sun damage to your face.
it takes about three months to see the benefits of the use but is very much worth the wait.

I dont know what I would do without it.

olive31

Reaction score
use NeuCell anti-wrinkle cream. this is what i use for my fine lines. it's able to conceal my fine lines. and it's made up of natural ingredients so it's not gonna be harmful on your skin. it also works on all skin types.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads