• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any shipping info on the brown ones? I was told they were going to ship them yesterday.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
That's what I thought too.. Someone please contact them to see whats going on

By the way, I actually liked blazingazn's chocolate-ish brown boots..

Is everyone here a fan of cherry-brown then?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ceoceo
^ That's what I thought too.. Someone please contact them to see whats going on By the way, I actually liked blazingazn's chocolate-ish brown boots.. Is everyone here a fan of cherry-brown then?
Isn't there only the one cherry-brown? I think blazing's were darkened with oil.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yep. That's what I am talking about. Everyone seems to be freaking out about getting their
boots darkened. Maybe its because I have black hair, but bold brown never looked good on me.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Isn't there only the one cherry-brown? I think blazing's were darkened with oil.

Yeah. This is their 'brown'. I was told it was close to mahogany. I was corrected as such when i referred to the brown oil tanned ones a 'cherry brown'. I called last wednesday and they told me they will be shipping the lot on Friday. If it is not through Canada Post, it will be through Fedex.

I believe someone here mentioned about collecting his boots from the store yesterday. Maybe he could give us more info about their dispatch status..

sofaking30

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
Yeah. This is their 'brown'. I was told it was close to mahogany. I was corrected as such when i referred to the brown oil tanned ones a 'cherry brown'. I called last wednesday and they told me they will be shipping the lot on Friday. If it is not through Canada Post, it will be through Fedex.

I believe someone here mentioned about collecting his boots from the store yesterday. Maybe he could give us more info about their dispatch status..

Wait. So there's three versions? Distressed brown, cherry brown, and brown oil tanned?

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sofaking30
Wait. So there's three versions? Distressed brown, cherry brown, and brown oil tanned?

No. Only 2 types of 'brown' that Dayton offers.

1.Distressed brown
2.Oil tanned brown = Cherry brown = mahogany

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Got my oiled black. Came with a nice can of leather conditioner too. For ref I sized down 1.5 and the fit is perfect.

1KRNQ.jpg

yEzWq.jpg

perfect.

Originally Posted by snake
Thanks. Hope the guys waiting for our boots to hit b&s weren't holding their breath.

redface.gif

altemp

Reaction score
Anyone in Canada gotten theirs yet? I've still yet to get any information on what they're doing (waiting out the strike or using a different carrier) and my emails went unanswered.

Ngredient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
Anyone in Canada gotten theirs yet? I've still yet to get any information on what they're doing (waiting out the strike or using a different carrier) and my emails went unanswered.

Call 'em, they're very responsive to phone calls then emails because they're not a really internet-savvy company.

hxh_killua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp

Track Status

Product Type: Expedited Parcels
Expected Delivery : 2011/06/17
Updated Delivery : To be determined
Delivery date changed : To be determined
Date \tTime \tLocation\tDescription\tRetail Location\tSignatory Name
2011/06/22\t08:53\tCANADA\tLabour disruption affecting this location; item delayed\t

******* canada post. They need an arbitrator.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
No. Only 2 types of 'brown' that Dayton offers.

1.Distressed brown
2.Oil tanned brown = Cherry brown = mahogany

That's too bad, I wish they had a less red, chocolatey brown like the W+H version.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hxh_killua
Track Status

Product Type: Expedited Parcels
Expected Delivery : 2011/06/17
Updated Delivery : To be determined
Delivery date changed : To be determined
Date \tTime \tLocation\tDescription\tRetail Location\tSignatory Name
2011/06/22\t08:53\tCANADA\tLabour disruption affecting this location; item delayed\t

******* canada post. They need an arbitrator.

At least you got a tracking number. Nothing was emailed to me yet (live in the US, ordered oiled black).

Ngredient

Reaction score
I picked up my pair of Nubuck plack and cherry oil brown yesterday and treated them with obenauf's already, i'm very satisfied with my boots, but I kinda wish I had the money for an oil black leather pair.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a nice clear pic of the distressed brown? Wondering if it's less red than the mahogany brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads