• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Dunno if it's entirely appropriate to post someone's email address on a publicly accessible web forum.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody post some evolution pics of their dayton boots (the people that actually got them). Comment on how they are breaking in etc...

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Been trying to get a refund from them for weeks. Kept saying they'd call back--never did. Kept saying they will refund me--never did. I also think it's too late for a chargeback from my credit card company, so I guess they feel like keeping my money.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been trying to get a refund from them for weeks. Kept saying they'd call back--never did. Kept saying they will refund me--never did. I also think it's too late for a chargeback from my credit card company, so I guess they feel like keeping my money.

I spoke to Stephen, and he refunded my shipping. Took my credit card info and everything. Try going to him.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
I have, like 4 times, and got other employees to talk to him for me. I genuinely think they don't want to give me my money back. They're polite and understanding on the phone, but they can't seem to get **** done.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Sorry to hear that dude. I would keep calling. Be firm on the phone. Ask them why the refund process is taking so long, etc etc.

binauralbeats

Reaction score

I have a six month window with my credit card co. Might want to check on it if you're not sure. Of course, as soon as I filed the chargeback, they shipped the boots (complete with garbage construction), even though I had cancelled the order a long time ago.

Last edited:

Danzar

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just want to get this sorted. notwithit, I agree, In retrospect, it's a pretty terrible idea.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
I got my boots several months ago, but only took them out now to try them on again. I've decided that the dark nubuck doesn't really go with my clothes, so I'm selling them. Like new, never worn outside, come with the original box and everything. I was very pleased with how mine came out--not a single blemish to be seen on either boot. Size 12EE (13D). Check my signature for more details.

Last edited:

Nazareth

Reaction score

Finally got mine this week...they look alright but for the money and all the time I've spent waiting for them I have to say I was disappointed. The quality of the boots isn't that great, clearly they have rushed production and as a result they came out a bit poorly made. e.g both of the sole on my boots had visible cracks on the side. There are also some random white marks on the back of the shoes (not shown) and the leather used for the tongue of the boots is so very thin, etc Definitely not worth the hype!

Oh my god. Those are horrible. Jesus Christ those are the ugliest things I've ever seen. I would just burn those if I were you. Holy motherfucking god I would be so embarrassed if I wore those outside.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Actually Dayton seems to use thin leather on the tongue for whatever reason. Maybe comfort?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads