What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. versusqc

versusqc Senior member

Received my Oiled Brown in 10EE yesterday, fit it good if a bit small(so that I won't have place for an insole, hopefully they will be comfy w/o)((for ref., I wear 11E in AE).
    Anyway, Heel looks exactly like the W&H pictures posted. Other than that, no "Dayton", "W&H" or "Clarks" stamp on the boots/soles.
    Not sure if I should oil them right away or wear them for a bit, suggestions?

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Okay its now official Dayton hates me. They told me my boots were complete last week and they are still not sent yet..

Meso did you get tracking number yet?

Ps. And how the heck did I get this necktie portrait?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

If anyone gets a pair that doesn't fit, size 8, 8.5, or 9, let me know, I might be interested in purchasing.

4. meso

meso Senior member

I spoke with a rep yesterday who said it's "99% finished" and just waiting for the heel. Problem being she said there's no workers there to stick the heel on b/c they went into shutdown mode without finishing this batch. (I'm close to saying, if it's just the heel, send it to me and I'll drop it off to my man Richard and he'll take care of it in an afternoon :D)

Something is just off over there. I called the previous two days and was promised a callback each time and nobody gave me a ring. This was right before (or right after?) they went into shutdown mode, so that kind of reeks of passing the buck. Why else would you not give a customer a call back if you know you're going on vacation, and also not tell him you won't be in production for the next two weeks?

I did appreciate the call. Michelle is who I spoke with, and she's trying to make it right. Supposedly I'll have a tracking # tomorrow. Dayton has a great product, I just wish the company had it more together.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Called again yesterday and was promised my boots would ship by the end of day, today. She said they were ready to go and just needed to be put in the mail. Hopefully this happens, but I am not holding my breath. Was originally promised they would ship two weeks ago. I have a feeling they are having some issues.

6. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anybody with the nubuck experience some slippage in the heel. Feels liek the heel is little too wide? Been walking around in the house for the last two days with them. Put in a heel pad which minimize, but still feel it. Wondering if I should take it to a cobbler to see if they can install something on the sides or front to push my heel towards the back of the boot. Don't really want to exchange them and absorb the additional shipping.

7. lxh

lxh Active Member

Got my nubucks on monday. Never got a tracking number but I didn't follow up or call them about it.

I got a pair in size 8E but unfortunately they are too big in terms of length but fine in the width. I called them today and will be exchanging them for a pair of 7EE to maintain the width. For reference, I'm a size 41 (US 8) in CP Achilles and 42 in other sneakers (Vans, New Balance). I sent them measurements and my shoe size then let them select the size.

If you have questions, don't bother with e-mail. I never got a reply when I asked about making an exchange. Just call their number during business hours.

8. Qpax

Qpax New Member

This post is not to bash Dayton but sometimes mistakes can happen. Glad some you got your boots are happy with them but in my case I was unfortunate. Received the boots yesterday after 3 months from the time of order. As you can see the boots has some major quality control issues.

The big thing for me is the overall look and unevenness color of the leather.
    [​IMG]
    The boot seems out of portion from the narrow opening on the upper to the oversized heel and heel stack.

[​IMG]
    Don't know if the pictures are able to pickup on the veining in the leather but they're evidently there.

Other things they missed before sending the boots out.
    [​IMG]
    A chip in the leather sole.

[​IMG]
    Excess glue residue.

[​IMG]
    A couple of tears on the tongue.

[​IMG]
    More veining on the heel.

Contacted Dayton and they're making me a new pair. They said I would be getting them in 4 weeks including the 2 weeks off of production or I'll be getting my money back.

Update for those who haven't received their boots. Michelle said they're making sure they won't send out another pair like mine, so there might be more delays.

9. binauralbeats

binauralbeats Well-Known Member

Wow, crazy they even shipped those out to you. What size are they?

Other people have complained of quality issues too. I noticed on one of the earlier pairs posted that the eyelet spacing was real sloppy.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^^ LOL what the fuck :bounce2: :bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:
    those pics made my day

11. meso

meso Senior member

That is a serious frankenboot.
    The heel indeed looks way too big, discolored, then all the cosmetic issues...
    They make the wolverine 1000 mile seconds I got (and sent back) look perfect.

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

Don't suppose they covered the shipping??

13. lxh

lxh Active Member

No, I don't think they cover the shipping back unless you received a mangled carcass of a boot like Qpax. I'm going to assume they'll cover the shipping when they send the new boots. I'm not too worried about the cost though because I'm sending within Canada.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

That's bullshit if they don't cover shipping back. In the case of shipping defective merchandise, the seller is required to cover the shipping back and also the shipping for the new product. It's not your fault in any way, you paid them correctly. It's not like you decided that you wanted a different color, they didn't ship you what you paid for, which was a non defective new boot.

15. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Michelle's def more on top of it than Kayla, tho everytime I call her she says something along the lines of, "I'll get right back with you... I'm the only one on the floor... I have to be in a meeting in half an hour... etc." and always sooper polite canadian like. But still, I feel like saying, "Well, if you're busy, just pass me to the bootmaker."

If/When I end up sending these back there's no way I'm letting them ship out unless they take some pics first.

Has anyone asked if they make a D width?