What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

His are the W+H variety and he also oiled them on his own.

yep mine were originally like that recently pictured, but I oiled them and they got darker.

if there is another sale sometime next year I'll probably pick up another pair and not oil them.

2. Islander

Islander Senior member

His are the W+H variety

No.

and he also oiled them on his own.

You used OK Oil, right?

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

No.

You used OK Oil, right?

they are from the original W+H run, I have the WH stamp to prove this.

I used OK Oil and it permanently darkened them.
    I'm hoping some sun exposure will lighten them up.

4. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

I used OK Oil and it permanently darkened them.
    I'm hoping some sun exposure will lighten them up.

They definitely will lighten up, just wear the hell out of them.

5. Islander

Islander Senior member

Huh? I'm not sure what you are trying to prove.

Sorry if this is a touchy subject, but your boots have some old stock leather soles that Dayton was using up after their final run for the collab. They have nothing to do with Wings + Horns. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

6. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Not a big deal just showing they likely use the same leathers only wings and horns distressed theirs. When they sold it they said its one of the boots that came back. W+h didn't need it.
    Huh? I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. Sorry if this is a touchy subject, but your boots have some old stock leather soles that Dayton was using up after their final run for the collab. They have nothing to do with Wings + Horns. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Sent from my Nexus S

7. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

They definitely will lighten up, just wear the hell out of them.

yeah i certainly hope so.

they said it wouldn't change much, but it definitely changed the color tremendously.

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

Okay got my Munich black boots. I ordered a size 7.5 E
    for the record I'm:
    41 in Achilles low CP
    7.5 in Alden Indy trubalance

Size wise they are a little snug in the toe are and I have some heel slip. With regular socks (uniqlo) my toes are fine but I feel the heel slip. With THICK socks there is less heel slip but my toes feel crushed.

Anybody know I nubuck leather will stretch width wise? Going o try insoles to eliminate the heel slipping but afraid if I do this it will crunch my toes.

Weird thing is I ordered E but they are stamped EE. probably a mistake. Anyways i had a chance to reorder I would have went with 7 EE

Anyhow below is some crappy iphone pics of the nubuck:

[​IMG]

Mine is stamped with the W+H (probably had some left over soles) and the topy is nailed down:

[​IMG]

The nubuck is urber soft and eventhough its not super thick it looks beef enough to take some abuse. Anybody else have heel slip in the boot? It can be minimized a bit when I wrap the laces around the ankles. Are the boots suppose to be always tied up this way? Anyhow going to get some heel insoles after work to see how it feels. Still on the fence if I should exhcange these. For the amount I'm spending I want the boot to fit well.

9. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

For the amount I'm spending I want the boot to fit well.

tbh, for the sale price, i wouldnt bother if it fits 0.5 size off. [​IMG]

10. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I just got to see my boots and i am just fuckin pissed off. They simply chucked a 8.5EEE when i asked for 8.5E. I paid for topy, this came with no topy. I asked for NO Dayton stamp, they stamped it. To sum it all up, the heel portion was not even nailed and it seems that they saved on the heel leather by sticking a thick piece of rubber.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. This is just fucked up. 3months of wait and i get shit. I am gonna send them this back and get them to send me the right pair.

11. Cahrin

Cahrin Senior member

I just got to see my boots and i am just fuckin pissed off. They simply chucked a 8.5EEE when i asked for 8.5E. I paid for topy, this came with no topy. I asked for NO Dayton stamp, they stamped it. To sum it all up, the heel portion was not even nailed and it seems that they saved on the heel leather by sticking a thick piece of rubber.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. This is just fucked up. 3months of wait and i get shit. I am gonna send them this back and get them to send me the right pair.

Sorry to hear that. Not a good omen for my pending arrival as I ordered pretty much the same boots as you.

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

Wonder if they will cover the shipping when u send them back. I'm curious as I might exchange mine. Like I said mine was had a 7.5 EE, instead of a 7.5 E.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I understand this were $125 off. That does not mean they cut the corners on the heel portion with lesser leather. I made several calls the last 3 months just to make sure that at least i get the right pair shipped. I was on the phone with them when the lady told me that she is packing the box with my boots and they were the right size(8.5E). They had 9.5E packed earlier to be sent to my address.[​IMG] [​IMG] . If the call was not made, i would have gotten a 9.5E instead. The fucked up things is that they get annoyed when we keep repeating to them about the sizing, stamping, laces etc. Despite several reminders, they send them out like this. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am gonna speak to the CEO himself and sort this out. If they accede to what i am asking for, i will go on to get them exchanged. If not, i am going to ask for a total refund inclusive of shipping. As far as i am concerned, this is just pathetic service.

And to those who got them as you ordered, awesome!

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Smart man ...let us know how it goes. I'm pretty fed up already through multiple emails back and forth and still no tracking or confirmed shipping

15. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Smart man ...let us know how it goes. I'm pretty fed up already through multiple emails back and forth and still no tracking or confirmed shipping

Yeah will let you guys know how it goes. I do get how frustrated you are.

Despite all this crap, i still would say that these boots are definitely great. The brown leather is soft and supple and with some beating it will look like those w+h distressed ones. And i realised that my laces were laced up and not sent rolled up like those is the recent pictures..ths is suggestive of them probably taking a pair off the shelves and dumping into the shipment box to get over and done with...