What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] man...i hope for the sake of everyone (who ordered) that some come in with the sleeker silhouette and toe box...and it was a leather option that you may (or may not have) chosen that gave you the dayton/wings service boot which I'm sure most were after...(this is doubtful, I know, but to remain optimistic..) my only lingering question.. though, disclaimer, I don't have the Wings service boots. But, the boots that Stick described do not (based on photos I've seen and the ankle opening) match to the exact boots ("very same boots and last") as the w+h service boot. Maybe it was the distressing that w+h did......and all of the work they put in on them. If so, that would put some of the "lol @ paying 700 bucks for a pair of boots tied up and soaked in a bucket of water for a few weeks" criticisms to rest in my opinion... good luck to everyone who ordered. hope you receive soon. Whoever twines theirs up and does the dunk first....pics! [​IMG]
    My W+H boots look to be the same leather as RFX's but oiled. They also look sleeker (I mainly see difference in the toe box). It was also really easy to find those things on sale as well, I got mine for $435 new, so if you actually tried looking for them back then it was really easy Otherwise I think these look good, but they don't look the same. EDIT: Actually, they are essentially the same boots as my W+H, but the leather on mine seem a lot softer so it folds and stuff. rfx was right

2. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

anyone have an idea when there will be another opportunity to buy a pair?

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

everyday, just call dayton ~ $400

unless you are talking about the w+h collab then idk

4. stick

stick Senior member

My post seems to have caused some sadness. Let me clarify: the boot silhouette does look different from the W+H version, but in my opinion, the difference is from the distressing process W+H put their boots through. It's not a drastically different boot, it just lacks the aesthetic changes that W+H made. Simply balling up the boots a bit like W+H did will crease the toebox inwards and make the silhouette sleeker. That, along with beating on the toebox a bit, will probably make it close to identical. In the end, though, I definitely would pay the extra for the W+H collabs, I just had the bad luck of still being in college when those came out, and now they're nowhere to be found. [​IMG]

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The boots can look sleeker depending on the pic, heres another profile pic, it makes it look sleeker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

So who's gonna be the first to foie gras one of the non W + H pairs

Cmon you know you wanna

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

my thought is that will we ever see a worn in pic from RFX? [​IMG]

8. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Toebox looks totally fine imo. As the leather gets softer and worn in I'm sure it'll deflate a little as well. It's not even close to the bulbous Cdiem boots that people still revere.

9. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Yep, my W+H have a sleeker toebox but it really isn't even noticable. I'd post pictures but my camera phone just insults the boot.

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

this is from when i first got my boots and i f**ked with the toe box and vamp. [​IMG]

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

K I take a size 6/EU39 for everything and went with a size 6E. They fit well, but the heel is a bit loose (fits almost exactly the same as my CPs). I do have small heels though d:~

12. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

everyday, just call dayton ~ $400

unless you are talking about the w+h collab then idk

yeah i meant the w+h collab

oh well, i'll just cop something by alden instead

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    What the hell are some of you complaining about? It's the same exact boot. The only reason it appears sleeker is because the W+H version is pre-distressed and soaked. You could achieve the same look yourself if you wanted. Plus, I have pics of the W+H boots after some wear and they start to loose some of the look they where giving by W+H.

Look at RFX45's pics. This is one good looking boot that everyone should be happy to wear.

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

RFX, thanks for the additional pics. Stick thanks for the additional explaination.

15. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

Easily one of the funniest threads to follow right now on SF.