What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

lol! I was waiting for the first boots to be received (STICK) to spam the thread..

POIDH lets see some bewts!!

2. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

it shouldn't matter to anyone ordering direct from Dayton...

but mine have the W+H stamp bitches:
    [​IMG]

3. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

What kind of socks should I wear with dayton service boots?[​IMG]

Uniqlo

5. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

such a fuckin teaser... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my only complaint is I used too muck Dayton O.K. oil and it made them really dark =(
    be careful with conditioners and cleaners that contain animal fats or any kind of oils.

6. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

how about u actually post some fit pics blazingazn

7. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

should get mine today :] they're at my local post office. too bad i will never post fit pics ever of anything i wear :]

8. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Senior member

Could you guys also post the color you got when posting pics, thanks!

9. stick

stick Senior member

Boots are at home, I'm back at work, so no pics for you guys. Here's my thoughts on the boots, re: a lot of the things you guys have been wondering about. In terms of sizing, yeah, these run pretty damn big. I wear between a 10.5 and 11 depending on the shoe. I got a 9.5 in these, and if I could exchange them for a 9, I would (cough, if anyone ends up getting a nubuck 9 and wants to trade [​IMG]), but they're not that big, I just prefer my shoes to be a bit tighter. Definitely wearable though. In terms of the style, they're very work boot-ish. The toe box is pretty bulbous, and the overall silhouette is very different from the W+H version. I, for one, was expecting this, and plan on soaking and beating the shit out of these boots with a hammer until they look the way I want them to, but I expect a lot of people will be disappointed. Miscellaneous: no W+H stamp. Are those of you asking about the stamp retarded? Small size stamp at the top of the shaft, very unnoticeable. Toby was done reasonably well. Nubuck is softer and thinner than I expected.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Boots are at home, I'm back at work, so no pics for you guys.

Here's my thoughts on the boots, re: a lot of the things you guys have been wondering about.

In terms of sizing, yeah, these run pretty damn big. I wear between a 10.5 and 11 depending on the shoe. I got a 9.5 in these, and if I could exchange them for a 9, I would (cough, if anyone ends up getting a nubuck 9 and wants to trade [​IMG]), but they're not that big, I just prefer my shoes to be a bit tighter. Definitely wearable though.

In terms of the style, they're very work boot-ish. The toe box is pretty bulbous, and the overall silhouette is very different from the W+H version. I, for one, was expecting this, and plan on soaking and beating the shit out of these boots with a hammer until they look the way I want them to, but I expect a lot of people will be disappointed.

Miscellaneous: no W+H stamp. Are those of you asking about the stamp retarded? Small size stamp at the top of the shaft, very unnoticeable. Toby was done reasonably well. Nubuck is softer and thinner than I expected.

Stick what size did u get? 9.5 EE?

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

how about u actually post some fit pics blazingazn

too much work.
    and it wont fit in my light box.

12. narm60

narm60 Well-Known Member

stick can you measure how long the sole of your 9.5 is?

13. stick

stick Senior member

^^^ yes. ^
    Boots are at home, I'm back at work

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

Sweet thnx Stick. I ordered a 7.5 E which I think should be the same as as a 7.5 D. Originally was going to go for a 7 EE. Yeah I had a feeling the nubuck was not going to be thick, but I'm sure it will hold up to some abuse. Lead the way my friend on the beating and soaking of the boot. As much as I love the look the the w+h ones, don't think I can soak them like that, unless somebody else tries it first lol [​IMG]

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Not trolling, not trying to be a dick...I know people could be pissed right now. [​IMG]

But when this sale occurred, and the discussions in this thread -- and most importantly, the information being fed from Dayton -- were these positioned as very, very similar boots to the wings x dayton collab? And basically you would be getting some wings service boots (sans the stamp) for pretty damn cheap - was that the expectation? And then a possible (intended, or unintended) bait and switch on the model of boot?