• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's so awful about Abercrombie & Fitch?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Their brand image is in poor taste in my opinion.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
Paying for the name, and strictly for the hip-hop teenage brand whore IMO.
Hip hop linked to A&F?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
some a&f outerwear and knitwear is OK

however, everything is heavily branded and closely tied to the company image

and the company image is terrible and evokes imagery of acne-ridden 15-year-olds hanging out in the mall food court. HTH

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where is that .gif of him jabbering away? uncontrol used it for his avatar for months.

nomnomnomnomnomnom

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
tumblr_kqg4a807Od1qzktgqo1_500.jpg

McCurry

Reaction score
I don't hate it. It is a lot better than AE and Gap, but it is way too popular. I don't mind their stuff as long they don't have giant logos on it.

plus, they only hire hot people

nsimp

Reaction score
I own a few things from Abercrombie (outerwear, shirts, knits) and I will say this, I hate the image that Abercrombie portrays. HATE it because it's all about being "perfect."

That said, the quality and fit to me, for a mall brand, is pretty damn great. I've never owned their obnoxious hoodies or tshirts, but everything else seems fine to me.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
and the company image is terrible and evokes imagery of acne-ridden 15-year-olds hanging out in the mall food court. HTH
I think Burberry has somewhat of an image problem as well.
burbery-chav.jpg
chav.jpg
....and I would never wear their stuff either.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah I don't know whats the deal.. even that awesome rockin' group LFO likes girls wearin' abercrombie and fitch.
lfo-singer-rich-cronin-dies-at-35-britney.jpg

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the mall-brand-hater guy, but how is AF any better than AE? Is it because the price point convinces you its better? And no, it is not "better" than Gap unless we're being really subjective here.

transient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
I hate to be the mall-brand-hater guy, but how is AF any better than AE? Is it because the price point convinces you its better? And no, it is not "better" than Gap unless we're being really subjective here.

I don't know, i'd wear Gap over AF just because gap branding isn't as obnoxious, but AF's quality is pretty good for "a mall brand", moreso than gap and ae.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Burberry Prorsum is nice
I believe that is their exclusive line. Very well made in England and Italy, and most importantly doesn't have the dreaded Burberry plaid. Somewhat like Ralph Lauren, with the exclusive 'Purple Label' line and their cheap-labour produced 'Polo' stuff with the obvious pony logos.

Wiggles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
A most definite yes... http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/34...p_hoodies.html Although this is probably a knock-off. Tacky way overpriced 'Made in China' hoodies, with a huge 'ABERCROMBIE' printed on them. IMO these are typical hip-hop fashion, just add bling and one is all set.
Just cause someones got hip hop influence doesnt mean they're clueless, there's way more beyond ****** ecko and sean john stuff... why spend money on abercrombie when there's so much better at that price range..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads