• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's right and wrong with this scarf?

fuzzywazzy

Reaction score
The scarf is not attractive to me, I am sorry. The pattern looks like something I usually in kitchens. Try searching for another style.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flimsy and boring.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine, but you could do better. I think a more colorful one would be nicer. If you really want to get a black and white one, however, maybe just get a glen plaid. They're everywhere for cheap.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuzzywazzy
The scarf is not attractive to me, I am sorry. The pattern looks like something I usually in kitchens. Try searching for another style.

What would you suggest?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wrong

Pattern is droll.
Looks too thin to actually be of any use keeping you warm.

Right

??

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuzzywazzy

Now that you mentioned it, it does remind one of the pants worn by kitchen staff. Keep looking, I say.

NeverFullyDressed

Reaction score
It's not too bad, classic pattern. More a show scarf though so not totally warm. ANyone bought much from Oliver Brown, what are they like for suits? Their website needs to give fuller desciptions of their goods.

IsteRed

Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Wrong

Pattern is droll.
Looks too thin to actually be of any use keeping you warm.

Right

Nada

Fixed^^

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NeverFullyDressed
It's not too bad, classic pattern. More a show scarf though so not totally warm. ANyone bought much from Oliver Brown, what are they like for suits? Their website needs to give fuller desciptions of their goods.

I agree completely with your comment about lack of adequate description in Oliver Brown website which is the same as the catalog. That reminds me that I must send them an Email to ask for more details, which the salesperson on the phone recommended I do when I asked her for measurements, etc. Last week when I phoned the scarf was out of stock. I'm surprised at your judgment that the scarf is more show and not warm. I've considered abanodining my scarf project and buy a merino wool knitted jacket from Erfolg knitted clothes, which aside from the wool are completely manufactured in Switzerland.

KBlooms

Reaction score
I have a suit in that almost exact pattern so I'd wear it with it for show.

Aside from that...? Seems a bit too flashy for me

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
What about these scarves?i personally like them...
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...uctId=10802713
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2905207...=263602_304662
It's actually a little bit expensive but i got a polo scarf like this from Luxembourg for 60 euro,so you can search the internet and find something nice.I was just showing the style i like.

That's very kind of you to take the trouble to show me alternatives. I've looked at both just now and would like to comment that these bring the question of material to mind. One is cotton, nevertheless dry cleaning is specified. The other cashmere. Interesting you like plaid. If you check the scarf I proposed as object of criticism, its surface differs from those of your alternatives and its of merino wool (I believe). I regret i didn't buy the Lanvin pearl knit scarf my girlfriend pointed out to me displayed this winter season which now is sold out.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBlooms
I have a suit in that almost exact pattern so I'd wear it with it for show.

Aside from that...? Seems a bit too flashy for me

I might very well just buy and wear a merino wool knitted jacket with a collar, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads