• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's reasonable price for a pair of good quality Chelsea boot and Chukka boot?

Bertrand

Reaction score
What's reasonable price for a pair of good quality Chelsea boot and Chukka boot?

how much do you spend on these?

Any advice on brands/models?

thanks!

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hi Bertrand,

Difficult question to answer as decent Chukkas and Chelseas can start anywhere below 200 quid, but choice should depend more on fit/comfort.

Herring Shoes has a decent selection on quality shoes (at least entry level goodyear welted at good value for money to mid range... deliberately not venturing into the top range makers such as Edward Green, John Lobb and the like)... see here:

Chukkas: https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/sear...rom=0&nsLimit=24&search_source=keyword_search

Chelseas: https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/sear...rom=0&nsLimit=24&search_source=keyword_search

charleswilsonuk

Reaction score
Hi Bertrand,

According to me, for good quality shoes there is no price limit....As you increase your budget you will get more classy, more comfortable and best quality shoes.

Chouan

Reaction score
But with diminishing returns. A pair of boot for £200 will be much better than a pair for £100. But a pair for £400 won't be that much better than the £200 pair.

4fashionssake

Reaction score
I really like the Taft quality and especially this Chelsea boot. Alternatively, I can also recommend the Chelsea boots from Scarosso. Sure they are a not the cheapest option out there but I think you get a great value

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most major shoe makers with an Anglo tilt, will offer Chelsea and Chukka models. The 300-400 GBP price range is probably the entry level for better quality makers (e.g. Carmina, Cheaney, Crockett & Jones, etc.). Within my personal rotation, I own Chelseas by Crockett & Jones (under the old Poulsen Skone line for Dunhill) and a pair from Ludwig Reiter. I own Chukkas from Grenson for Paul Stuart and Sutor Mantellassi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads