• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***What's on your pick-up list***

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
For spring, I still need

a couple more jeans including new black apc twills
few pairs of pants and cords
Some boots, cdiem perhaps
Nn blazer, waiting for rice to hook me up
Last acne hoodie slipped through
Some langesque lace-ups

What's on your list?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a pair of Ande Whalls unless something of a bit lower price point but similar quality comes up (so if I can get some other brand on sale/clearance).
I got a couple new pair of shoes for christmas but still want another pair of leather shoes (long ones like my favorite ones and perhaps some more normal looking ones)
Decent pair of boots perhaps.
I was also thinking about getting a nice leather messenger for my next trip
and Finally the perfect light weight summer weather blazer/sportcoat that buttons slightly high and is mostly comfortable to wear in hot and humid weather.

I will probably skip the majority of the items on the list due to lack of funds and want to buy 1.)plane ticket to Japan, 2.) loose Diamond and perfect setting.

Max

Reaction score
Some gray pants and maybe a new bag.

fatty

Reaction score
****-me boots are at the top of the list [thats black leather heelled variety] but that's going to have to wait till the sales, going into autumn i doubt the prices will be worth it.

also some a jacket with a brighter colour than the usual black.

redmania

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *****
****-me boots are at the top of the list [thats black leather heelled variety] but that's going to have to wait till the sales, going into autumn i doubt the prices will be worth it. also some a jacket with a brighter colour than the usual black.
Are you a bird? I digress. I want some quality v-neck shirts and sweaters. Some new jeans and some nice dress shirts. Anyone who could recommend some retailers for the above muchos appreciated. I am in Melbourne by the way.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah she is a girl, not that you have to be a girl to wear FMe boots
inlove.gif
but it would be awfully fruity if a guy did

BTW I do believe that you will have to take pictures of the aforementioned boots and post them in the Women in Hot Boots Thread.
Also Im sure you could get a good deal on some if you ordered them from the northern Hemisphere where its getting to be Spring/Summer Fashion.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
apc cardigan and tees from s/s 07
burberry slim-fit polo
fendi double-breasted coat
RLPL tweed double-breasted coat
gucci blazer from s/s 07
dior 19cm(crosses fingers)
spruce slim-fit hoody
slim pants
jordan 5 lasers and spitzikes
number (n)ine boots fall/winter 06

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, dudes. Just because there may be a girl on the forum shouldn't up the creepiness factor, K? Not that it's really up yet, but I've seen that happen in the past. Highly uncool.

As for me, I am, in the very near future, going to pick up the Wings & Horns shooter jacket that Brian (Peasant) has for me. I'm always adding to the sneaker collection, so I'll probably add a few pairs of those as stuff strikes my fancy.

I'll probably pick up a fresh pair RB6s soon too, and a new vneck sweater, for academic job interviews for the job talk sessions. That, and a Thick as Thieves suit from Jason for the same reason. The jobs I'm going out for require that I take one step up on the formality scale (i.e. no hoodies, jeans, and Chucks,) but not much beyond that. A slim suit for day one (when I meet and greet for the first time) and subdued, mature casualwear for day two (more one-on-one time with interviewers) should do it. Actually, that the TaT suits are not too business-y looking is a good thing in academia. I was thinking even the tweed herringbone. Something too aggressive makes a lot of academics think either "administration" or "corporate guy", neither usually in complimentary terms.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
not a lot of gaps in my wardrobe but....

-Baracuta slimfit G9 from BiGsOhO if they are still carrying them in march
-PBJ XX-005 if they fit me well so I can jump on the SF/SuFu wagon

My NewYear's resolution was to be on a "purchasing sabbatical" until I'm in Europe at end of year where I plan to blow my pent up load and do a buying spree of Peter North proportions

Fok, I'm hoping to have my selection of tweed available within the next couple weeks.

bsyde82

Reaction score
1. nice sweater vest (solid navy, other colors)...so far its been impossible for me to find a quality, nice fitting one...i want one that has a slimmer fit, esp at the bottom...any suggestions that arent over the top in pricyness?

2. blazer (in a variety of types)....as a 5'8, 150 relatively lean asian kid, ive found it damn near impossible to find a blazer that actually fits...im not tryin to wear something that makes me look shorter and ive found even the 38 S are pretty long on me...do ppl just get em tailored shorter? i heard that might make the blazer look funny..any suggestions?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Hey didn't I start the same thread like a week ago, I even think getsmart answered the same thing. Anyway I'll post mine when I have time, maybe look for suggestions for things I'm not too settled on.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
haha that's right fuuma my bad
crackup[1].gif

I just made this an official thread like the recent purchases one don't hate!

in progress

Reaction score
my pick-up list:
2-3 shirts
2-3 cardigans
Thick as Thieves suit (one-button)
grey jeans (apc? or ndg?)

if i have enough $:
digital SLR camera (nikon d50?)
chelsea boot (rm williams?)
workwear boot (alden?)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
- Cheap pair of premium jeans. I think APC new cures in 30-31 or NS in 29.
- I was gonna get a pair of japanese jeans, but i think i'm gonna have to put that back a while. I was leaning towards PBJ005, Samurai S0500 or Flat Head 3001. All of those companies i think are getting hit so i'll wait.
- Cardigan. I like the rokara one Rye posted and the APC one from s/s 07.
-Black sneaker/casual shoes. Thinking MJ Vans but my girlfriend thinks they look too much like velcro work shoes
- Lightweight slim cargo pants with a non-obtrusive cargo like insider trading of sufu or mike lowrey
- Nice fitting shorts for the summer weather
- A pair of boat shoes. Not sure of the color
- Spruce slim fit grey pinstripe hoodie if i can find it
- Nice fitting subtle graphic tshirts. Hard to find though.

I've just started overhauling my wardrobe the past 2 months so i have a lot of work to do. Without much funding, it'll take me a year or two till i can slowly build up my basics and big pieces. Also, florida weather doesn't have a lot of wiggle room. It's unbelievably humid and hot for 2/3 of the year. Slightly chilly for a month or two, and nice for about a month or two. I like the apc s/s07 collection but sweaters in spring in florida don't work. Layering at all is a really tough thing to do. It's not as easy to stay fashionable with just jeans/shorts and 1 shirt. Well, not easy to do with my current pieces.

Oh well, here's to money blown in 2007

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads