1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Whats new in your wardrobe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claudio, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I'll start with these basket weaves even if they were purchased a few months ago. Wear them mostly with no socks, a light weight suit (no tie), or coloured socks matching the shirt - I have since exchanged the original laces with dark brown ones.
    [​IMG]

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Hi Claudio . . .

I broke down and bought a lovely, sweater that I don't need . . . in deep, mustard gold. Super fine wool, from Zegna. Great price, at Bluefly.

3. nelly

nelly Senior member

A pair of suede Gucci's that I picked up at the Barney's Warehouse sale. I also got Moreschi monkstraps . I'll try to post pics later.

4. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

lots of pocket squares. waiting for 3 MTM suits (2 of which are going to be single button, side vented (like Collateral suit worn by Cruise)).

5. thinman

thinman Senior member

Newest item is a pair of New Balance cross-trainers for the gym. The sole came unglued and fell off one of my old pair. Doesn't anyone make them with welted soles?[​IMG]

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I have the brand new Santoni FAM from Europe through ebay:

[​IMG]

although it is not technically in my closet; my spouse doesnt know about it yet.

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

although it is not technically in my closet; my spouse doesnt know about it yet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Come out of the closer diorshoe before you end up in the doghouse.

8. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Today: merino wool pantherellas with orange tan and brown stripes; two printed silk pocket squares.

This week: 6 jantzen shirts

This month: 3-piece houndstooth Polo suit, 2 Zegna Napoli Couture cashmere sport coats, Lidfort double monks.

It's been a busy summer. [​IMG]

9. kali77

kali77 Senior member

7 ties 2 Drakes,4 Bizzocchi, and 1 Altea from STP
    4 pocket squares
    C&J for Tom James from member Alanc
    C&J for Richard James Shoes
    R.M. Williams Craftsman Boots
    2 suits from member Kolecho
    7 Jantzen shirts

I think that is most of my recent purchases[​IMG]

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Just bought, at a very reasonable price, a dark brown crepe wool Armani suit. Yes, I know the gripes about Armani, it's a nice suit though.
    I was a little uneasy about crepe wool, but it's actually great for Florida summers.

11. colm-ccfc84

colm-ccfc84 Member

got a paul smith winter coat few days ago, emporio armani balc leather sneakers and last week i got a wool armani jeans jumper and d & G jeans

12. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This month: 3-piece houndstooth Polo suit, 2 Zegna Napoli Couture cashmere sport coats, Lidfort double monks.

Did you get the Lidfort 2Xmonks at the Barney's wh sale? I saw them, tried them on and decided against it... stupid me! [​IMG]

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Most recent purchase (i.e. received today [​IMG]) is this pair of grey Gravati split-toes from Lance...
    They're very nice! my first pair of grey shoes [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. colm-ccfc84

colm-ccfc84 Member

just after buying some stuff on yoox.
    dolce & gabbana scarf, armani hat, cp company wallet, stone island trousers, polo trousers, fake london genius trousers.

15. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Did you get the Lidfort 2Xmonks at the Barney's wh sale? I saw them, tried them on and decided against it... stupid me! [​IMG]

I did indeed. Got a great price, too. Haven't worn them yet, because of the rainy weather.

16. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

Most recent are two odd vests in grey and brown glen plaid and a camelhair sportcoat (very soft camel):

[​IMG]

All from the sale. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and fit (for the price, that is). The 44L fit me almost perfectly except for being about 1/2" long in the sleeves.

17. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

I got some Malo corduroy and John Varvatos cotton pants.

18. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

New Chan suit. Arrived yesterday. Light grey wool/mohair double-breasted.

19. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

[​IMG] Student budget has cut my shopping to a pair of jeans, some cords, and $200+ worth of watch accoutrements.

I'm jealous. Saving for another watch. I'm planning on having a firesale on shoes since I'm currently out of storage space and spend too much time moving stuff.

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

2 silk pocket squares from Ede & Ravenscroft. One is burgundy with multi-coloured dots, the other a burnt orange paisley job. About £20 each.

Sand coloured narrow wale flat front cotton cords from M&S. Bargain at just £15 (should have been £30 according to the tag. Not complaining. I assume they just went on sale and hadn't changed the sticker).

Reddish-brown tartan chesterfield (with black velvet) quite heavyweight overcoat from Paul Smith. Probably overpriced at £345 but hey, I fell in love! [​IMG]