• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what's everyone's favorite woody allen movie?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been on a Woody Allen kick and have been going back and watching all the movies I haven't seen. I'd have to say that my favorite so far has been Deconstructing Harry. My least favorite was "Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask", which went a little too far with the whole sodomy thing and ********** with sheep... It was actually painful to sit through.

Histrion

Reaction score
My favorite would be Hannah and Her Sisters. That or Annie Hall.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
1) Manhattan
2) Hannah
3) Annie Hall
4) Crimes & Misdemeanors
5) All the pre-Annie Hall slapstick; tie

The rest doesn't do it for me. Except Zelig, which is one joke for 80 minutes, but at least it's a good joke.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Annie Hall

Love and Death

Sleeper

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Annie Hall
Manhattan
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Hannah and Her Sisters

The next three down might shift positions, but Annie Hall is always going to be on top for me.

Match Point was surprisingly good. It may have benefitted from low expectations, though.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's hard to not answer this question with Manhattan or Annie Hall, or maybe even Crimes and Misdemeanors. Any of those would work, but I think my favorite is Manhattan Murder Mystery. It's overlooked because it's a bit of a rip-off, but it is very funny. Woody is classic Woody, and Diane Keaton and Alan Alda are great.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think my favorite is Manhattan Murder Mystery.

I actually forgot that MMM existed. I think I'd actually put it above Hannah and Her Sisters. Oops.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MMM was great. And I know everyone loves Annie Hall, and there are amusing moments in it, but I find Diane Keaton's voice quite annoying and it sort of killed my enjoyment of the movie. It was still good, but there were parts where I felt like covering my ears.

I haven't seen Manhattan or Hannah and Her Sisters so I'll have to find those somewhere.

I'm going to watch Love and Death tonight.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crimes and Misdemeanors

But I thought Love and Death was funniest.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Sweet and Lowdown. Penn’s idiosyncratic loser and Morton’s endearing mute make for one of the best on-screen pairs in any Allen movie.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually liked that bit in ... sex ... afraid to ask w/ the sheep. Especially that last shot of the guy sitting in the street downing a can of woolite.
devil.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I really thought Small Time Crooks was endearing -- it was so refreshing to see a good and lighthearted film from Woody Allen in recent years that it seems like almost more of an achievement than Annie Hall. Tiger Lily and Take the Money and Run are also favorites.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads