• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What'd you buy for your significant other?

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New flatwear, pashmina, food processor, and the greatest gift of all, a "dick in an oil tanker".

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Two purses, Cole Haans of all things. She didn't like this year's Coach'es and LV? Sorry but yuck.

Dell laptop.

Odds and ends.

Oh yeah...and ******* in a box.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown half-boots, merino turtleneck, cool brown jacket with dark brown stitching, brown purse to hold my ****. Odds and ends.

Of course, she's taking the best piece back to get a (sigh) black jacket.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A Kitchen Aid blender.

cmrocks

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are in college and neither of us have much money (especially her) and she really wanted a nice hair cut so I just got her a cut, color and some products from a pretty nice salon. I felt kind of lame giving a gift card but that is what she asked for.

Reaction score
Diamond Stud Earrings and tickets to see Wicked in March

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are too generous. I'm not spending cash like that on any women until i'm engaged :p And if I buy anyone LV, it's gonna be me.

I hate breaking up with chicks who then keep my expensive gifts. It happened once and I swore never again!

Ah, the joy of selfish pursuits.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess my mom and grandmothers are the closest things to S.O.'s I have. Girlfriends=waste of time.

My mom got a pair of oatmeal colored cashmere gloves from Saks; grandma got a set of thank-you notes from Neiman Marcus; and the other grandma received two teddy bears sporting Harris Tweed clothing.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
You guys are too generous. I'm not spending cash like that on any women until i'm engaged :p And if I buy anyone LV, it's gonna be me.

I hate breaking up with chicks who then keep my expensive gifts. It happened once and I swore never again!

Ah, the joy of selfish pursuits.

wife is a little past girlfriend, sport.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I meant the guys with girlfriends, not wives or fiancÃ
00a9.png
s.

How many girlfriends does a guy go through before he gets married, on average? All i'm saying is it's a waste to spend any large amount of money on gifts for them. It's always the guy that gets screwed too. How often do you hear about girls buying their boyfriends expensive gifts? It usually one-way, so I say screw it.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I meant the guys with girlfriends, not wives or fiancÃ
00a9.png
s.

How many girlfriends does a guy go through before he gets married, on average? All i'm saying is it's a waste to spend any large amount of money on gifts for them. It's always the guy that gets screwed too. How often do you hear about girls buying their boyfriends expensive gifts? It usually one-way, so I say screw it.

I hope you aren't talking about me? (DS + Game = $170 total)

My gf bought me a jacket from April 77, costed $255... so I got the deal this christmas =]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads