• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What you SAID & What You WANTED TO SAY (Not For Office Reading)

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is of no one particular topic. It is intended to go right across the board.
Conversely, this thread could also be known as 'How To Handle Yourself In Difficult Moments'
The guidelines are simple:
Please keep each story under 10 lines of text.
Avoid profane language where possible, but if it must be so, then let it be so.
How did you handle yourself in moments of embarrassment, stress, irritation, insult or happiness or even lust?
How did you handle a stupid co-worker at work? or an unreasonable boss? A rude clerk, etc.
You said or did the appropriate thing, but inwardly you were wanting to say or do something else.
What did you say (or do) and what did you really want to say (or do).

Example:
Your wonderful clothes led a co-worker to say, 'Why all dressed up today?'
You actually said, 'Oh, I have a birthday dinner to attend after work.'
You wanted to say, 'Well that's because I have respect for myself you little and stupid man.'

This is the place to share or vent. Let the games begin
decisions.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

What I really wanted to say: WTF is this ****?

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that on nearly occasion your post reflects exactly what a little devil over my left shoulder would say, namely in retort to the little angel over my right. Bravo.

Originally Posted by lee_44106
facepalm.gif

What I really wanted to say: WTF is this ****?

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Timing is perfect on this. This lady behind me at the supermarket had her 3 yr. old kid standing in the basket and I couldn't help telling her that I read an article where kids fall out and because of their height they end up landing on their heads. Well she felt offended and said, "Well, this is my third kid so", before she could finish I said, "Well it only takes once". What I really wanted to say was, "I guess you can spare one then"!
nest.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tesuquegolfer
laugh.gif

LukeM

Reaction score
What does this have to do with men's clothing?

PTWilliams

Reaction score
A man goes to the airport, and see another with exactly the same Lobb shoes and Kiton jacket as he has.
Later while looking for a book, he sees the same man purchasing the same book that he purchased.
Later when he gets on the airplane, the man sit in the seat next to him, and just like him he notices now the guy has a black eye, just like he does.
"This is amazing" He says to the guy "Same shoes, same jacket, same book, and we both have black eyes. Mind if I ask how you got it.
Slip of the tongue, actually, when I was purchasing my ticket, the women at the counter had to of been a 40D-cup and I meant to say "A ticket to Pittsburgh, please" but what came out was "A picket to Titsburgh, please" and she slugged me.
I can't believe this string of coincidences. Same thing happened to me I was having breakfast with my wife, and I meant to say "Please pass the Post Toastes", but what came out was "You fat ass ***** you ruined my life".

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LukeM
What does this have to do with men's clothing?
Read the example I gave for one thing. For another, read the entire OP. What I WANT to say is ......

GradSchooler

Reaction score
The Jerk Store called, they're running out of you!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the airport enjoying SF with my stuff in the seat next to me, and this woman asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to me. I said no with a frown, and moved my stuff. I wanted to say, "you can see no one is sitting there, now GTF away from me and find a seat somewhere else."

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
At the airport enjoying SF with my stuff in the seat next to me, and this woman asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to me. I said no with a frown, and moved my stuff. I wanted to say, "you can see no one is sitting there, now GTF away from me and find a seat somewhere else."

She must have been ugly ...

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 17,219 calm and well composed posts I was almost convinced you were the latest in arificial intelligence computer technology; the 'JayJay 9000' if you will, but now I know you're human.
laugh.gif
Fat, too.
How fat was she JayJay?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
This thread is of no one particular topic. It is intended to go right across the board.
Conversely, this thread could also be known as 'How To Handle Yourself In Difficult Moments'
The guidelines are simple:
Please keep each story under 10 lines of text.
Avoid profane language where possible, but if it must be so, then let it be so.
How did you handle yourself in moments of embarrassment, stress, irritation, insult or happiness or even lust?
How did you handle a stupid co-worker at work? or an unreasonable boss? A rude clerk, etc.
You said or did the appropriate thing, but inwardly you were wanting to say or do something else.
What did you say (or do) and what did you really want to say (or do).

Example:
Your wonderful clothes led a co-worker to say, 'Why all dressed up today?'
You actually said, 'Oh, I have a birthday dinner to attend after work.'
You wanted to say, 'Well that's because I have respect for myself you little and stupid man.'

This is the place to share or vent. Let the games begin
decisions.gif

that's all you got???
plain.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
that's all you got???
plain.gif

I was waiting for you to ring in ter1413. You must have a few pocketful of good stories to share.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greatmowgli