• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What You Got for Christmas

KBW

Reaction score

SoulPatcher

Reaction score
Its a little late but a swank little gift I gave out was an Energi-To-Go, the portable ipod charging dock... Recharge!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My future in-laws gave me a new silver money clip hand-engraved with my initials, a bundle of blue and brown Pantherella socks, and Bean boots. I received checks and cash from other relatives that will probably go toward some more Matuozzo shirts.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife got me two things: a new deep burgundy Brioni woven tie in a floral pattern, and a grey /white dot Charvet pocket sq.

I'm in the middle of doing a kitchen re-model for her.

We both went over our gift budgets!
smile.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did receive some deodorant from my wife great aunt...I was laughing but my wife was not amused...

How ironic to receive deodorant from somebody having a shower a week!!!!
crackup[1].gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Money to pay off credit card debt. Which I guess can be traced back to a Black Label suit and a bunch of alterations on other pieces. So a good gift indeed!

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad got me an Isaia suit from eHaberdasher (charcoal/brown piping, really beautiful in person) as a combo birthday / xmas gift. My mom got me a pair of Sullivan oxfords from RalphLauren.com. Otherwise I received some Nagrani socks, shoe trees, and other small stuff. All of my gifts rocked this year.

I'm also feeling the money strain. My brother and I spent a ton (relative for us, we're both recent grads and making dirt money) on my mother to get her a fur-trimmed leather jacket and I surprised my 17 year old sister with Manolo Blahniks. Mom cried, sister was speechless and then went bananas.

This was the first year actually making my own paycheck, and being able to buy people gifts in the anticipation of their reaction was more exciting for me than getting things myself. Never expected that.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
wow! I hope you'll do the occasional scan of great photos from your magazine for us. I only wish we had magazines like that in the USA, with great photos of brioni, kiton, lobb, and other superb products. I bet mens ex blows mens vogue out of the water for stuff like that.

Sure thing! And you're absolutely right -- it does blow men's vogue completely out of the water...

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Where can I get a copy of this magazine???????

try www.amazon.co.jp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/MENS-EX-%E3%...8877876&sr=8-1

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horndog

This was the first year actually making my own paycheck, and being able to buy people gifts in the anticipation of their reaction was more exciting for me than getting things myself. Never expected that.

I like Christmas for this exact reason. I much prefer giving to see people happy and to see their reactions to my gifts rather than receiving gifts for myself, as odd as that may seem.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes
<--------------

and a Woolrich parka, for the other half of the year in New York.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can try on me Nakutu ...I love receiving gifts and i have very expensive tastes....

On a more serious note ,i do prefer buying gifts than receiving them...

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll start!
lurker[1].gif

In addition to gifts to myself covered elsewhere (
satisfied.gif
), this year my in-laws gifted a whole set of natural finish KAHP suit and shirt hangers. I'm pretty sure my wife is very confused about how excited I got over hangers. Sartorially, I also received:

and

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Quiet one for me. Got a new laptop (have had my current one for 7 years, so I was due) from my parents. Also got a box of Cohibas, a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 and a few pairs of cashmere socks. Also booked a vacation with the gf to Mexico (we split the trip as our gift to one another).

Best gift was from my dad, who has given me $10k to donate to charities of my choosing. Far better than anything else he could have spent that on.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics