1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What You Got for Christmas

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leslierc, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior member

My wife really surprised me this year and presented me with a Chanel black ceramic chronograph watch for Christmas. I am so overwhelmed with her gift that I am wondering what surprises others on this Forum may have received. Are/were there any other great surprises like mine?

2. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

It pales in comparison to your watch, but I got a one-year subscription to Mens Ex! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

It pales in comparison to your watch, but I got a one-year subscription to Mens Ex! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

wow! I hope you'll do the occasional scan of great photos from your magazine for us. I only wish we had magazines like that in the USA, with great photos of brioni, kiton, lobb, and other superb products. I bet mens ex blows mens vogue out of the water for stuff like that.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Im hoping I can coax my wife into getting myself a pair of combat/tactical boots..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Not to sound corny, but good health all around for the family. I'm very grateful.

My wife gave me a book.

6. celery

celery Senior member

Four plaid button down shirts and a Cashmere camel coloured sport coat.

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

My wife got these for me with my initials (DCW) in silver thread.

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Where can I get a copy of this magazine???????

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I have received great presents this year...

A Cartier belt from my wife and a bespoke suit from myself...
    Now ,we have to pay for them..

10. sammy

sammy Senior member

Rolex Datejust

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Now ,we have to pay for them..

hahaha!
    isnt that so true.[​IMG]

i wish the c.c companies can give us a christmas gift sometimes.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I normally don't let my Mother buy unless it is off of my pre-approved list; but, she did a great job with the suprise Thom Browne cardigan.

13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

She must be now in therapy after seeing the cardigan and the hefty price tag...

14. Nahmeanz

Nahmeanz Senior member

My brother took me to buy a suit at the Ralph Lauren store here in Boston. Surprisingly they were 60% off so he bought me two Black Label suits + tailoring for the price of one.

15. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

16. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

My brother took me to buy a suit at the Ralph Lauren store here in Boston. Surprisingly they were 60% off so he bought me two Black Label suits + tailoring for the price of one.

Your brother is the shit.

17. athletics

athletics Senior member

I got a very special gift from my father. He was diagnosed with leukemia two weeks ago and has been in a hospital ever since, after feeling perfectly fine at the beginning of the month and had felt quite horribly very quickly. He has already been through his first round of Chemo and his progress is being monitored.

Two nights before Christmas he told me and my two brothers what he had planned on getting us if he had not been confined to his first ever hospital bed. He told me he wanted to get me a pair of nice shoes that I can wear in my wedding in 5 months. He handed me over the money he was going to use and told me to get something special.

Personally for me I knew I wanted to get a pair I could have for life, just in case this is his last Christmas gift to me. (However I pray there are more to come)

I went out and bought a pair of black Renzo Ferragamo's from their Tramezza line. The are beautiful. One piece of leather makes the whole upper of the shoe. I considered lesser options, but it just did not feel right. The store manager let me borrow a beautiful brown pair so I could wrap, open on Christmas morning and show him. She was gracious to add some shoes trees to go with them as well.

When I got to my last gift on Christmas morning, I opened the Ferragamo box to show him what he got me. He absolutely loved them. He asked to see them one more time after I initially put them away. It was a very special Christmas.

2 people like this.
  18. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thank you for such a wonderful story. I will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers.

19. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior member

Nice! Not the price, but what your brother did.

20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This year, my wife really spoiled me [​IMG]

My Hanukkah gifts were:
    [​IMG] Refinery shave oil [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] a striped scarf [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Paul Smith striped socks [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Corgi smiley face socks [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Acqua di Parma after shave balm [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Barneys cashmere gloves [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] a Paul Smith beanie hat [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Wingtip shoes sterling silver cufflinks [​IMG]