• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What wrist do you wear your watch on?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see my choice ambidextrous-right wrist

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
im a righty and wear my watch on the left to prevent damage, but i think it takes just as much abuse as it would on the right

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right-Right. It's odd but the first watch I ever put on went on my right wrist and now I couldn't put it on my left to save my life.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left handed - left wrist. I used to wear it on my right when I was younger, but a few years ago I started wearing it on my left and haven't stopped.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left handed and wear mine on the right, so it does not get in the way when I am writting.

AEB A4

Reaction score
Right handed, left wrist. Used to when I was younger wear it on the right..but stopped for some reason.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
Right-Right. It's odd but the first watch I ever put on went on my right wrist and now I couldn't put it on my left to save my life.

Ditto.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker

Also right-right, for the same reason. Well, I don't find it much harder to put one on my left wrist, but I've always worn it on my right so it just feels most comfortable to continue to do so.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
im a righty and wear my watch on the left to prevent damage, but i think it takes just as much abuse as it would on the right
Same here. My watches take lots of abuse on my left wrist, it would be worse if worn on my right.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see my use case, either: right handed, wear watch on either wrist depending on mood. Or moon.

kjamesuvic

Reaction score
I started wearing my first watch on my left wrist (right handed) and it just kind of stuck. I also like to wear it because of writing with my right hand as I am in university. Now I just have the habit of lifting my left hand to get the time.

I don't see my use case, either: right handed, wear watch on either wrist depending on mood. Or moon.
Deciding on which wrist to wear your watch based on your mood or the look of the moon at that particular time could potentially make you the equivalent of a psychic palm reader or crazy cat lady. No offense.

dune

Reaction score
Right-right, though I've tried wearing it left now that I have a tattoo on my right wrist.

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
I was born left-handed but at age 4 I had surgery on my left hand to remove a birth defect on my thumb. I was too much of a pussy at age 4 to follow through on the physical therapy so my left thumb doesn't fully articulate. Since then I've been right-handed and wear my watch on the right. I also hold a pen like a lefty.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 153 32.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 40 8.5%