What would you wear with this suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tristanbane, Feb 4, 2013.

1. tristanbane

tristanbane Member

My new dark gray (lack of better words?) suit.
    NOTE: It is darker than appears on these images.

It's beautiful but I'm starting to think that it may be too mature for my age... I'm still in my early twenties and haven't worn it out yet. I don't know what to wear with it aside from a typical white shirt haha.
    What do you think? Is it a little too old-school for someone in their early twenties?? Or how may I make it work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Hi, this is regarded as a "staple" color that will go with anything. I would try looking around and asking here: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/

This forum is not appropriate for the kind of question you are asking, you need to learn the basics first. Good luck!

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

It's fine. Go out into the street and see what others wear with similar suits and then follow what you like.

4. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

It's as standard a color as you can get. If something doesn't pair right with a grey suit like that, it's probably not the suit that's the problem.

Blue shirts look great with grey, as an obvious starting point. See the last entry in my blog to see how some of the best dressed Italians do it.