• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what would you wear with navy pinstripe odd trousers?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Have a navy pinstripe suit which I've given up on as it never did fit right, however the trousers fit well.

For some reason I can't think what I would wear them with though. Are there sport coats you'd suggest pairing with these? Or other outfits that would make sense?

Thanks!

johng70

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of wearing suit bottoms - especially something like pinstripe - without the jacket. It looks like what it is - an incomplete suit.

KotaB

Reaction score
Treat the pants as the "loud" item in your outfit and I think it could work well if everything else is subtle and flows together. I wouldnt rock a navy blazer with it, for some reason I'm thinking a forest or olive corduroy jacket, the texture of it would look nice. Am I crazy for thinking that?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of wearing suit bottoms - especially something like pinstripe - without the jacket. It looks like what it is - an incomplete suit.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Treat the pants as the "loud" item in your outfit and I think it could work well if everything else is subtle and flows together. I wouldnt rock a navy blazer with it, for some reason I'm thinking a forest or olive corduroy jacket, the texture of it would look nice. Am I crazy for thinking that?
Actually, that's an interesting idea and I needed an excuse to buy a deep green corduroy jacket anyway. :happy:

Anachronist

Reaction score
Take the pants along to the shop and try the combinations out first. For my part, I struggle to mentally combine a navy pinstripe with forest green corduroy (not saying it doesn't work though).

What often works is combining with a nifty cardigan or (turtleneck) sweater for a smart casual look. Alternatively, try non-patterned contrasting colors, e.g. a cream/taupe colored blazer, mid-brown tweed jacket or even a red linen jacket. Just a few ideas, bit choice of fabric depends on if the pants are a winter or summer weight woolen.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.