• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you suggest I wear with this shirt?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I really like this shirt but am on the verge of passing it on as I can't seem to find much that I feel goes really well with it.
It is linen/cotton so summer wear, and a beautiful blue hue, but seems too dark somehow to look elegant with my mostly light-coloured summer upper-wear, light coloured jackets and sweaters, etc. And too dark to go well with Navy?
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_154559~2.jpg
    IMG_20200623_154559~2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 123

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like French blue.
For me, it would look great with with a variety of jackets. Grey jumps to mind, light or dark...

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen/cotton you say? Yes, certainly a Summer blend. What about ivory/cream slacks? I think the contrast would actually be interesting. Otherwise, light gray as mentioned by @mhip would work as well. Good luck.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Linen/cotton you say? Yes, certainly a Summer blend. What about ivory/cream slacks? I think the contrast would actually be interesting. Otherwise, light gray as mentioned by @mhip would work as well. Good luck.
Thanks!
It's actually upper-body/outerwear pairings I'm having difficulty coming up with, though!
Grey is just about the only colour jacket/blazer I don't own, unfortunately.
I have a "stone" (looks more brown in the pictures) linen hopsack jacket arriving today, will give that a try!

Jan Capek

Reaction score
Plus, who says you have to match it with trousers and blazers only? You can always throw a nice sweater over it. It can go well with both dark and light colors, even red (if you dare).

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
It's a strong blue. I think those stone chinos are actually a really solid pairing. Light greys, everything in that space. Maybe olives if you want something different. You could try it with brown tailoring, too, but that'll come down to undertones, I think.

Looking at the ring jacket sale: this blazer, and this one, this suit... If your budget is lower, something in that spirit.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, just me - but wearing a jacket over a linen shirt kind of defeats the purpose of the breath-ability of linen. I would wear it sans-jacket. But, otherwise I agree with the color options mentioned by others.

Jan Capek

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads