• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you pay for a NWT Brioni suit?

deaddog

Reaction score
I've been looking for a charcoal brioni, used in great shape is acceptable. There is a NWT on ebay, right size, right model, right color. The problem -- starting bid of $1800! I know that you pay a premium for new, but I'm guesssing that the starting is about 50% of retail, at best. Think I can do better if I'm patient?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
I've been looking for a charcoal brioni, used in great shape is acceptable. There is a NWT on ebay, right size, right model, right color. The problem -- starting bid of $1800! I know that you pay a premium for new, but I'm guesssing that the starting is about 50% of retail, at best. Think I can do better if I'm patient?

You can do better if you don't need the suit right away. Good deals come to those who wait. But if you need the suit and have the cash, it might be worth it.

Also, you can find suits on ebay from superior makers such as Kiton, Attolini, and Oxxford for $1800 or less, if you happen to like their products.

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks. It is actually my oxxford experience (nwt @ 650) that has me a bit freaked on the Brioni price. I really like the Brioni cut but $1800 is a ton of cash

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
honestly I've been looking at brioni suits on ebay for over a year now and that price is pretty fair imo. Ya who knows, one day you may find one in the colour you're looking for at a couple hundred less, but not more than that. On that note, you won't find Attolini or Kiton for less than $1800 NWT either. It also depends on your size, as some are a lot more common than others. Expecting to get oxxford prices for brioni is unreasonable since brioni has much wider brand recognition (and a more attractive cut imo).

Your other option is to email the seller after the close of the auction (assuming it doesn't sell) and offer him a lesser price.

However, I would assume that a charcoal brioni isn't something that goes on sale very often, and I personally would be happy with the 50%. Unless you live in nyc you're not likely to do much better.

Ed13

Reaction score
Charcoal Brioni in your size, I doubt you will see many on ebay. I think it is a fair price.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what size are you? i just got a nwt tags chrcoal brioni

jmatt

Reaction score
I would not pay more than 25% of retail on ebay. I just bought a Brioni sport coat for $1050 from a brick and mortar. Tagged price: $4100. Mine was more of a winter weight coat, and was clearly left over from last winter. Oh well - for 25% I couldn't pass it up.

Of course, if it's your size, is a basic pattern that rarely goes on sale, who am I to question the purchase? After one Brioni jacket, I'm hooked. It's the best made, most comfortable piece of clothing I own.

pkincy

Reaction score
I suppose if it was a know seller with an ironclad OK return policy than it is worth it. You could pay for it and get it and if it is not OK you could return it.

That takes a lot of the "loss premium" out of the cost. What I mean by a "loss premium" is the amount of money I must add to an Ebay suit to cover the misrepresentations, mismeasurements, poor descriptions, and my poor reading skills, etc. I normally add 100% to the cost of a garment if the seller has no return policy. Cause I eat about 1 out of 2.

If they are one of our good sellers, than you can remove that worry. So the real cost is $1800 and that is if it meets your satisfaction. You are only risking double shipping...say $30 or so.

Pretty good deal in my book, if all the rest of your due diligence checks out.

Perry

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
If I were into Italian aesthetics, I'd buy it heavily discounted since I can't afford much more than $500. But otherwise, reverse pleats and that sort of cut just aren't my bag.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on where you live , 1800 could be fair. I think though that could do a bit better at a Chicago discounter like some of the mentioned ones like Morris and Son's and I have spotted them at some of the Michigan avenue retailers for a lot less.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
$1.8k sure does appear pricey. Filene's Basement and NM Last Call has them for less than that.

They might have Brioni suits for that price, but likely not in solid charcoal and most likely not in the size the poster wanted.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up a solid charcoal Brioni NWT about 6 months ago or so for about $850 from luxclothing on eBay. No joke. And yes, it's 100% genuine. I've also bought an uncollected MTM Brioni suit for $500 IIRC and a similarly uncollected cashmere jacket for about $400. No tags on those two though, but still genuine. These deals are rare...

But I've also paid up to around $1.9k on eBay for a NWT Brioni in a pattern I particularly wanted.

horton

Reaction score
for 1.8k you may want to consider bespoke since you're seeking a fairly basic fabric pattern (i.e., nothing exclusive to Brioni)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads