• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you like us to cover at Capsule and Project in January

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Instead of doing real work, I am making a list of designers Magician (words about gothy stuff), Whodini (photos), Shoreman (makes sure the words aren't too poncy), and I (words) will be checking out during Capsule and probably Project the week of January 18. We will also see some private shows, in all likelihood, probably Wings+Horns, KZO, and possibly Engineered Garments. The brandlist for Project is not yet available, but capsule NYC can be found here: www.capsuleshow.com . Please use this opportunity to suggest designers and manufacturers for us to visit, perhaps interview, and we'll try to accomodate it on our schedule. There is work going on behind the scenes, and come January, we hope to have a whole new section on the forum devoted to this type of content. Edit: I should add that JKISSI will be our guest writer/commentator. That guy has real style, and will offer a really distinctive point of view. Cheers, Fok.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd like to see more about the designers that are new or aren't covered much (interviews please!):
BBlessing
Post Overalls
Mjolk
Creep by Hiroshi Awai
Henrik Vibskov
Odyn Vovk
Our Legacy
etc

Covering wings+horns, red wings, gitman, etc. would be a bit pointless as the bloggers that visit the shows will be doing that ad nauseam.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Nörsea Industries, Folk.

mpcec

Reaction score
Yuketen
Garbstore
Norse Projects

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I'd like to see more about the designers that are new or aren't covered much (interviews please!):
BBlessing
Post Overalls
Mjolk
Creep by Hiroshi Awai
Henrik Vibskov
Odyn Vovk
Our Legacy
etc

Covering wings+horns, red wings, gitman, etc. would be a bit pointless as the bloggers that visit the shows will be doing that ad nauseam.

I really liked Creep last January - there was a melton wool jean jacket sample I should have borrowed, since I haven't seen it anywhere. Whodini was less interested. I should have known better than to listen. I think that they were represented by Atlas? In any case, they were around the same place as Vanishing Elephant.

Wings+Horns is actually poorly covered. They show privately, and I'm not seen too many bloggers with exclusive shots of the merchandise. Most of it is taken from the Roden Gray website. I'll make sure that Whodini takes good shots of the best stuff there.

We will have an interactive feature, and will respond in near real time to member questions/requests. We are building a chassis will will hopefully be ready for our January trip.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out some creep stuff tonight at For the Greater Good. Wasn't entirely sure waht to make of it, but I liked what I saw. Bright ass corduroy shirt stood out, and a washed wool jacket that was very Daiki.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
can you cover real designer stuff?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
popcorn-1.jpg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BBlessing
Dana Lee
Mjolk

Some of the 'J.W. Anderson' and 'Johannes Faktotum' stuff seem nice...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

It's really not worth it unless I could get an interview with the designers themselves, and with the possible exception of independents like Robert Geller, the luxury houses are not going to let me within 10 meters of their golden geese, especially considering how little then have to gain, how much they have to lose, and how little traction they have over a pro-am forum administrator. What, is Marc Jacobs going to pull its ads from the Styleforum magazine? Besides that, complete runway show pictures are widely available.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if you choose one of these designer and get them to give us more insight into the process of launching and growing a line (e.g. initial concept, funding, samples, brand strategy into press/trade shows, retail distribution, managing growth etc.) as a case study.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by London
It would be nice if you choose one of these designer and get them to give us more insight into the process of launching and growing a line (e.g. initial concept, funding, samples, brand strategy into press/trade shows, retail distribution, managing growth etc.) as a case study.

It would be nice if you funded this comprehensive case study.
smile.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dana lee, our legacy and +1 on norsea industries and folk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads