What would you guys do in this situation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mrpologuy, Dec 2, 2006.

1. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I have a hypothetical question for you guys. Let's say you know some people and you don't like them. You know they are breaking a city law by keeping too many dogs in their house. They also have had 2 dogs die in the past 2 years because of their own stupidity. Would you call the police or animal control to go over to their house or would you just let it go. They probably would never find out who did it because you live quite a distance away from them. Most of your motivation for calling is because you don't like them and not with your concern for the dogs. What would you guys do?

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

I wouldn't do it out of dislike for them, but I would do it if there is a real issue w/ the safety of the animals. Unless their dogs are assholes, too.

3. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

The safety of the dogs is not a real issue it's just that you don't like them.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'd leave them be. If I didn't like them, I'd just avoid contact with them which since you live a distance away shouldn't be a problem.

5. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Reporting them anon.y and they might assume an immediate neighbour has shopped them and then make their lives a misery as well as the dogs. Let it go for now. Another opportunity may well present itself.

6. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

It depends. What'd they do to piss one off?

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I have a hypothetical question for you guys. Let's say you know some people and you don't like them. You know they are breaking a city law by keeping too many dogs in their house. They also have had 2 dogs die in the past 2 years because of their own stupidity. Would you call the police or animal control to go over to their house or would you just let it go. They probably would never find out who did it because you live quite a distance away from them. Most of your motivation for calling is because you don't like them and not with your concern for the dogs. What would you guys do?

Depending on the stupidity, I may report them as far as the safety of the animals is concerned.
    WHy have the poor things suffer because they are kept by a couple of buffoons?

8. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Poison them all. Let G-d sort them out.

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I wouldn't do it out of dislike for them, but I would do it if there is a real issue w/ the safety of the animals. Unless their dogs are assholes, too.
    +1

10. MrRogers

MrRogers Senior member

I'd do it. I'm tired of people getting away with screwing people over.

Still though, they would have had to do someting to warrant it. Like if you see the guy on his porch and just decide to call him out bc you dont like the look on his face, then maybe not.

MrR

11. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

If you gotta ask, that means you wanna do it.

so JUST DO IT.

12. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

If they mistreat the animals, report them.

The fact that you obviously dislike them is of secondary importance. If they get in trouble, regard it as a bonus.