1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hopkins_student, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

But I was west side born and raised, so i gotta represent.
    Word up, homes. Straight outta Pasadena.

2. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I had something similar happen to me, and ended up complaining to the manager and not paying except for services rendered.

To make a long story short, I asked for a consultation, stating I wanted to explore the idea of having highlights done (I'm very, very skittish about color). This was, upon agreement with the stylist, going to be free and last 5, 10 minutes at the most. She made an appointment, unbeknownst to me, following the "consultation", and after I decided against color, she said she'd have to charge me for the whole time she would normally have spent doing highlights.

She turned rather snappy, so I asked to see the manager. We settled on her giving me a trim instead. I paid hastily and never went back.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

You shouldn't even have done that. You asked for a consultation, a consultation is what you get. You should have been asked if you wanted to get your color immediately after. That sort of scheduling is incompetent and best and witless fraud at worst.

4. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

You shouldn't even have done that. You asked for a consultation, a consultation is what you get. You should have been asked if you wanted to get your color immediately after. That sort of scheduling is incompetent and best and witless fraud at worst.

I know. But the atmosphere was incredibly uncomfortable, and she made it sound like she had a legal leg to stand on, while the boss played good cop. I thought: I'd better play it safe in case she decides to turn nasty. At least I didn't let her do red highlights! [​IMG]

5. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Karma's bad, dude. Walk away...
    Exactly. What's the point of further pursuing a bad karma situation, and then let the bad karma personify? Waving long, sharp scissors, or conceivably straight razors, around your head?

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Exactly. What's the point of further pursuing a bad karma situation, and then let the bad karma personify? Waving long, sharp scissors, or conceivably straight razors, around your head?
    Quoth the Front,
    And you don't love fags, this much is apparent You're having nightmares about them every time you get your hair cut You stare what you suspect could be a queer man In the eye, in the mirror, enzymes coming out your fear gland He's got scissors near your eardrums You might lose your hearing you don't watch it with these queer ones

7. Lucky Strike

Quoth the Front,
    Not all male hairdressers accord to stereotype, and are gay. I somewhat understand the situation; I'm a reasonably well-dressed antiques expert, and straight.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Not all male hairdressers accord to stereotype, and are gay.

I somewhat understand the situation; I'm a reasonably well-dressed antiques expert, and straight.

LS - if you lived in my town, you would get hit on like you wouldnt' believe.

9. Lucky Strike

LS - if you lived in my town, you would get hit on like you wouldnt' believe.
    I know. I'm very bothered by the thought.

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Not all male hairdressers accord to stereotype, and are gay. I somewhat understand the situation; I'm a reasonably well-dressed antiques expert, and straight.
    Did you listen to the song? It is a tasteful and understated expression of affinity. I <3 fags.

11. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

Did you listen to the song? It is a tasteful and understated expression of affinity.

I <3 fags.

Tasteful? I find this highly offensive...

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Then I suggest you acquire a sense of humor.

13. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

When I was a (straight / no drama) hairstylist I used to charge extra for the lisssp.

I think Morrissey said it best:

Here is london, giddy of london
    Is it home of the free -
    Or what ?

Can you squeeze me
    Into an empty page of your diary
    And psychologically save me
    I've got faith in you
    I sense the power
    Within the fingers
    Within an hour the power
    Could totally destroy me
    (or, it could save my life)

Oh, here is london
    Home of the brash, outrageous and free
    You are repressed
    But you're remarkably dressed
    Is it real ?
    And you're always busy

Really busy
    Busy, busy
    Oh, hairdresser on fire
    All around sloane square
    And you're just so busy
    Busy, busy
    Busy scissors
    Oh, hairdresser on fire
    (only the other day)

Was a client, over-cautious
    He made you nervous
    And when he said
    I'm gonna sue you
    Oh, I really felt for you ...mmm...

So can you squeeze me
    Into an empty page of your diary;
    And supernaturally change me ?
    Change me, change
    Oh, here in london
    Home of the brash, outrageous and free
    You are repressed
    But you're remarkably dressed
    Is it real ?
    And you're always busy

Really busy
    Busy clippers
    Oh, hairdresser on fire
    All around sloane square

And you're just too busy
    To see me
    Busy clippers
    Oh, hairdresser on fire
    (only the other day)

14. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

15. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Wasn't someone recently reprimanded for the 'n' word?

Since context apparently doesn't count, in the interest of 'politically-correct political correctness' shouldn't the 'f' word be off-limits as well? Similarly the 'h' word, the 's' word, the 'c' word, 'w' word, the 'm' word, the other 'c' word, the 'p' word, the 'd' word...

16. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Senior member

Don't you get it?

This guy is letting you know that he does not value your custom. If you were rich, or powerful or influential he would not treat you this way. He has just informed you of your place in his heirarchy. It is up to you whether you suck it up or not.

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Probably the best suggestion so far. The weather is not worth all the bullshit that comes with the west coast.

Shout out to Pasadena. I've lived on both coasts, and much prefer the west. People are more chilled out, there is much more live-and-let-live attitude, whereas on the East Coast, and especially in Boston and DC, there are so many people who think that their opinion is important, and that you should care.

Advice: try a few other places. If they don't do as good a job, go back.