Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MetroStyles, Sep 1, 2009.
I'd break Iammats trustfund in half..
^^ I KNEW IT! MS is in league with Chinese spammers!
Will it be much fun, posting to yourself?
YOU'RE OUT! --->>>>
and don't let the door hit you on the way out.... he he ....
the tax would SO break you.
you are right. almost 5 million. damn.
trust me if i just won 50 million, i would buy every senior member here their holy grail item. shipping not included. paypal personal only please
I think this would be more of a hassle than it's worth. I'd buy one city place, one country place, and for traveling just stay in hotels.
You are right, it would be lots of hassle. The only reason I would have apartments rather than hotels is that I really dislike having to carry clothes and supplies from one place to the next. It would be nice to have all that stuff already in closets once I arrived.
Writing long fiction is incredibly difficult to do well. Beyond the difficulty, it takes real dedication, which might not come so easy with $50 mil in the bank and all the world in which to play.
Of course it is difficult. But it's a lot less difficult when you aren't broke. Besides, I never said "successful" or "best-selling" novelist!
not one damn thing, ever again.
two chicks at the same time
With $50MM you may as well rent out a ball-room/mansion for a week, and get 700 gorgeous nude women to be at your disposal in any way you like for those seven days ($10,000 per chick per night - it all works within the budget). I think that would pretty much ruin sex for you forever though.
Id show T-Pain whats up by getting a A REAL BIG ASS CHAIN
This is a fun little excercise, I think its fun to day dream what you would do.
1) As soon as I found out Id won I would try and not tell anyone. Of course Ill have to tell someone, but Im a little too modest to brag. oh and work the next day...not happening.
2) Cash in my ticket, refuse to do any interviews or get the big check or wahtever. Im in LA so Im pretty anonomymous as is, so that helps.
3) Book an open ended trip to somewhere like tahiti or somewhere ultra secluded like that in the south pacific. Take up to a month for the excitement to die down, get my shit in check and figure out what to do next.
4) Come back to the states. Find a good lawyer and financial advisor. Get myself a condo in LA.
5) Go back home. Pay off mama's house, get my sister and brother a place to live and pay off their debts - one time only deal though. Dont want moochers. And take all my family and friends out for dinner and get them all a nice little present or something.
6) Open ended travel around the world, being anonymous but not having a material worry in the world.
7) When that gets boring after a year or two I can come back to LA and be just another anonymous dude who has a nice place to live and nice cars, but not many people will know why. Its when you live in the small town and "not change a thing" that you get in trouble.
The only downside is all my friends will stilll be working stiffs, so you cant just take them along. And I dont want them to use me for a free ride.
The MD lottery was just $333mil last week,
Buy a shitload of Rick Owens, MMM, Jil Sander, etc.
Buy a shitload of coke
Buy houses in Tokyo, NYC, Cork, somewhere in Brazil, and Istanbul
Give a bunch to my friends and family
Travel to a bunch of different countries until I was down to a few millon dollars.
1) Buy a fleet of Versace helicopters
2) Recruit pilots
3) Duel to the death
Nothing interesting: Buy a shitload of Rick Owens, MMM, Jil Sander, etc. Buy a shitload of coke Buy houses in Tokyo, NYC, Cork, somewhere in Brazil, and Istanbul Give a bunch to my friends and family Travel to a bunch of different countries until I was bankrupt and depressed.
That's par for the course with most people who win. Fixed the bolded part for you.
1. Buy my sister and her husband a house.
2. Send my parents on a cruise around the world.
3. Buy a front-row seat to ever UFC PPV event going forward.
4. Buy an apartment in Paris so that I can visit the d'Orsay whenever I liked.
5. Give a really silly conditional gift to my alma mater, e.g., installing a Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA beer tap in the dining hall.
6. Arrange for private lessons in areas of interest from the very best in the world, e.g., Marcelo Garcia for BJJ, Chris Sharma for rock climbing, Charlie Trotter for cooking.
Separate names with a comma.