What would you do if you saw a dime lying on the street?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Mr_Incognito, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

This is a serious question and sometimes it can be quite awkward, so I thought to seek opinions of SF members as to how they react if they see a quarter, dime etc lying on the street.

2. ama

ama Senior member

Keep right on walking.

3. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I only bend for Sacagawea.

4. changy

changy Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. start watching at ~1:30

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I would bend over to pick up a quarter under these strict conditions:

1. The quarter is less than three feet away.
    2. The quarter is not dirty, not covered in blood, and not Canadian.
    3. I need a quarter to make a phone call because it must be 1990, the last time a quarter was worth anything.

I would never pick up a penny, nickel or dime.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I've seen larger amounts and kept on walking. could be a trap you know- like some hidden camera gag show. [​IMG]

7. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

I've seen larger amounts and kept on walking. could be a trap you know- like some hidden camera gag show. [​IMG]

Must have taken some courage to walk away from larger amounts [​IMG], but I guess if you are already well off there is no point in risking your reputation as can be seen with the well dressed people in the video posted above. But, I also believe the scenario is a bit different with smaller amounts( less than $1). Harvey's suggestions sound practical to me in that case.

I would bend over to pick up a quarter under these strict conditions:

1. The quarter is less than three feet away.
    2. The quarter is not dirty, not covered in blood
    , and not Canadian.
    3. I need a quarter to make a phone call because it must be 1990, the last time a quarter was worth anything.

I would never pick up a penny, nickel or dime.

8. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

I would bend over to pick up a quarter under these strict conditions: 1. The quarter is less than three feet away. 2. The quarter is not dirty, not covered in blood, and not Canadian. 3. I need a quarter to make a phone call because it must be 1990, the last time a quarter was worth anything. I would never pick up a penny, nickel or dime.
    Canadian quarter is currently worth more then the US quarter. Unless I'm sitting down (on the bus or park bench etc) and the quarter is within reach .. I won't bother.

9. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I'm young, fit, and a cheapskate. I pick up any currency I find, if it's not a giant inconvenience. If I'm being pushed along by a crowd somewhere, perhaps I wouldn't bother.

But it takes what, 3 seconds of my time to pick the thing up and jam it in a pocket? Just throw it in the change cup at home, it'll add up eventually.

10. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

I pick up any and all coins I find, my friends are sure it's due to me being a Jew and they remind me of it every time.

11. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

12. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

lol this vid. all the fucking sly people like the blackguy with the roses or people who try do it in one swift motion haha.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I have SuperGlued coins to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick them up. Some hilarity ensues.

btw: I always pick up money I see lying on the ground.

14. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

It's trash that you can use, so why not pick it up? Helps clean up the community. I was banned from a fast food place because I would pick up the change at the drive-thru. You would not believe the amount of money people would just let accumulate on the street and that's not including what employees pick up every so often. One day I made $4.50.

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

shmoke it