What would you do? – EBay mishap.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JeffsWood, May 28, 2009.

1. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Senior member

About 3 months ago I purchased a pair of Allen Edmonds BIN from EBay. Here is the item: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=190299676512
    I knew I was taking a risk because the seller had a stock image and not the actual shoe. But for $50 I took the risk.

The shoes arrive and they are not Clifton's as are pictured but are some rubber soled more casual shoe that looked vaguely like Clifton's but were Cleary not.

I contact seller and let him know he sent the wrong shoe and I want a refund. He gives me one, and after it clears I send the shoes back to him at my own expense.

Fast forward about a month and I get an email saying "where are my shoes????" I don't read the email as I am in the hospital for a few days welcoming my newest child into the world. We get home and I find the shoes waiting for me as they were "refused" at their destination. And I also have a nasty email asking why he didn't have his shoes yet. To respond to his nasty email I send this:

"Let me get this straight?

You send me the wrong shoes. As I use a mail service it cost me $3 to pick them up.

I return the shoes to you at my cost. Another $12.

The shoes get refused by you or someone at your address - #XXX XXXX XXXXX and get sent back to me.

Again $3 charge for me to pick them up.

So now I am out $18.00 and change.

Then you send me a nasty email.

Do I have this all straight?

So what do you want me to do now? I thought about sending them COD, but if I do I will be out the cost of sending them (for a second time) plus the COD charge plus $3 if you refuse them a second time."

His response:
    Contact me no more about this item. You must be nuts, you think you can keep someone else's mdse.A$$hole.

So now I have these shoes I don't want, but I don't know what to do with them. Despite this guy being a jerk I would still like to get the shoes back to him. I haven't tried email him again yet to resolve this yet. I tempted to donate the shoes to good will?

Thoughts?

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

EDIT: I missed the refund bit. Just keep 'em, or donate 'em, or sell 'em.

3. Nexus6

Nexus6 Senior member

hey those are my size!
    I'll take them [​IMG]

4. JohnD356

JohnD356 Senior member

If there's no chance your PayPal account will be charged back, I'd just send him a final email saying you'll hold the shoes for another week or two if he wants to pay for the return shipping. After that, they'll go to Goodwill. I think you've done enough.

5. Macallan9

Macallan9 Senior member

Just keep the shoes or donate them. Wash your hands of this.

6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

7. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

8. Nexus6

Nexus6 Senior member

No no no they don't go to Goodwill.
    I'll pay the shipping.
    I want them. [​IMG]

9. marin

marin Senior member

I contact seller and let him know he sent the wrong shoe and I want a refund. He gives me one, and after it clears I send the shoes back to him at my own expense.

His response:
    Contact me no more about this item. You must be nuts, you think you can keep someone else's mdse.A$$hole.

Unless I missed something, this seems pretty straightforward. You already received a refund, and the seller doesn't want to deal with this any more. Do whatever you like with the shoes. Perhaps selling them on B&S will enable you to recover your shipping expenses.

10. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Unless I missed something, this seems pretty straightforward. You already received a refund, and the seller doesn't want to deal with this any more. Do whatever you like with the shoes. Perhaps selling them on B&S will enable you to recover your shipping expenses.

Bingo - you beat me to it. [​IMG]

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

About 3 months ago I purchased a pair of Allen Edmonds BIN from EBay. Here is the item: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=190299676512
    I knew I was taking a risk because the seller had a stock image and not the actual shoe. But for $50 I took the risk.

The shoes arrive and they are not Clifton's as are pictured but are some rubber soled more casual shoe that looked vaguely like Clifton's but were Cleary not.

Fast forward about a month and I get an email saying "where are my shoes????" I don't read the email as I am in the hospital for a few days welcoming my newest child into the world. We get home and I find the shoes waiting for me as they were "refused" at their destination. And I also have a nasty email asking why he didn't have his shoes yet. To respond to his nasty email I send this:

"Let me get this straight?

You send me the wrong shoes. As I use a mail service it cost me $3 to pick them up.

I return the shoes to you at my cost. Another $12.

The shoes get refused by you or someone at your address - #XXX XXXX XXXXX and get sent back to me.

Again $3 charge for me to pick them up.

So now I am out $18.00 and change.

Then you send me a nasty email.

Do I have this all straight?

So what do you want me to do now? I thought about sending them COD, but if I do I will be out the cost of sending them (for a second time) plus the COD charge plus $3 if you refuse them a second time."

His response:

So now I have these shoes I don't want, but I don't know what to do with them. Despite this guy being a jerk I would still like to get the shoes back to him. I haven't tried email him again yet to resolve this yet. I tempted to donate the shoes to good will?

Thoughts?

open a paypal Significantly Not as Described claim right away ,and if that fails go through your credit card for a charge back issue. this is unacceptable

12. JohnD356

JohnD356 Senior member

I think he has his money back. And the shoes.

13. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

the issue is whether there is some way that paypal can take the refund back.

If not, I agree have one more attempt at it. But with respect to your first e-mail, I don't believe you were direct/clear enough. Did you clarify with him whether you got the return address right? What if the address was off by a digit. Are you sure someone refused delivery? Why don't you ask him if there is another address to send the shoes to and if he wants them, you'll send at his expense.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i thought he was out the shoes. he shipped them to him and the seller claimed he never received them, at least that was what i thought i read.

15. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Senior member

open a paypal Significantly Not as Described claim right away ,and if that fails go through your credit card for a charge back issue. this is unacceptable

Just to be clear I did get the my money refunded. My issue is now I have these shoes that aren't really mine, but I am not willing to spend anymore money to return them (again) and the seller is being an jerk about it.