• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would this Louis Vuitton shoe good for ? is it considered as Dress shoe?

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy, I don't know. Hats off as he doesn't give a **** about what anyone says here.
satisfied.gif
worship.gif

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
Wow... I did not see that coming at all. He actually purchased those ugly ass things. This guy never ceases to amaze me!!!
after reading krtp post it made me realize that its true we are not from some high society or well to do neighborhood anyway so what am i kidding! i dont have to pretend to be gentlemen and high class so ill just go with the bling besides the old sales ladies was nice too unlike other boutiques they never bother to offer me to try on the shoe when i was looking around ,(only in Armani they would ask me to try since they know me and i always buy from them) in other boutique the sales people are bunch of snobs

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude relax, do your thing. Your blog is highly entertaining
smile.gif

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
ive got it and it costed 30% more in our local boutique compared to the website ... (around $1300)
lvcuracao.jpg

While I have never directed a statement at you, I will echo fellow posters in saying that I like you. You seem nice, and I empathize with your situation: post something you like on StyleForum that you know everyone will hate, proceed to get reamed. But this does not keep me from seeing the irony in your thread(s), which comes when you just go and buy the item anyways. I mean, I assume you asked the question knowing the responses you'd get just so you could post the Buy Pic for the lulz? The reason people say "is hermes man real?" (and to a much lesser extent accuse me of trolling in every thread I make) is because your motive defies logic. Why are you asking us if we like them then? Why did you agree with ktrp's admittedly excellently written post on new money tendencies, then buy the shoes? If you're using the shoes to get laid, that's totally fine, they'll work great for that. Looking forward to lifestyle shots with the babies plus the 'H' belt. I feel like you're the only one who's able to bypass the "no lifestyle shots" rule, so please make use of it! <3 EDIT: I see you explained your reasons for buying a couple of posts above in the interim while I was writing.

Jangofett

Reaction score
ive got it and it costed 30% more in our local boutique compared to the website ... (around $1300)

lvcuracao.jpg

lvcuracao2.jpg

it was money well spent i am totally satisfied with the shoe..

but i still coudlt find the MADE IN WHERE label.. but i am guessing its made in italy like other LV shoes..

anyway this was the second expensive LV shoe in the boutique there was a good year constructed shoe called Infinity Derby , cost around $1400... looks too old for my taste tho..

Louis-Vuitton-Mens-Infinity-derby-in-waxed-calf-leather-1.jpg

Hey, I think you made a mistake.

Just went to the LV store. Saw an LV shoes in black with the words 'LOUIS VUITTON' punched in holes on the side of the shoes. I tell you, the letters are big and cannot be covered by shoe polish and would be there forever. Anyone standing next to you, can see 'LOUIS VUITTON' on your shoes. This is no different from carrying an LV bag which states 'LV' or 'LOUIS VUITTON' visibly 5 metres away. You should get that.

My LV shoes do state they are made in Italy. If there is nothing like that on your shoes, it can mean your LV shoes are made in some eastern european country like Estonia or in Asia like Vietnam. But that does not matter, since you bought it from the boutique, it should be genuine. I hope your LV shoes have the square metal LV tag on the side of the heel. Thats' how I tell LV shoes apart from the lesser knowns.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
While I have never directed a statement at you, I will echo fellow posters in saying that I like you. You seem nice, and I empathize with your situation: post something you like on StyleForum that you know everyone will hate, proceed to get reamed. But this does not keep me from seeing the irony in your thread(s), which comes when you just go and buy the item anyways. I mean, I assume you asked the question knowing the responses you'd get just so you could post the Buy Pic for the lulz? The reason people say "is hermes man real?" (and to a much lesser extent accuse me of trolling in every thread I make) is because your motive defies logic. Why are you asking us if we like them then? Why did you agree with ktrp's admittedly excellently written post on new money tendencies, then buy the shoes? If you're using the shoes to get laid, that's totally fine, they'll work great for that.

Looking forward to lifestyle shots with the babies plus the 'H' belt. I feel like you're the only one who's able to bypass the "no lifestyle shots" rule, so please make use of it! <3

This simply means he has already made up his mind and wants others to support and endorse his buy.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
This simply means he has already made up his mind and wants others to support and endorse his buy.

But he didn't sign up for StyleForum last week; before he posts he knows everyone's going to rag on it because of the branding. There's literally no way he could have predicted a positive response!

Made in California

Reaction score
On a side note, does anyone know where I could get shoes that look like this where the design is something other than the LV print?

Unregistered

Reaction score
after reading krtp post

it made me realize that its true we are not from some high society or well to do neighborhood anyway so what am i kidding! i dont have to pretend to be gentlemen and high class

so ill just go with the bling

This is honestly the first post you've made that I can respect.

Without any sense of elitism, I applaud you for coming to that realization. Being from Hong Kong myself, I was surrounded by people like yourself always looking for the latest and greatest, most visible manner to display "success". Whether that be constantly new LV/Hermes/Chanel/Gucci handbag for the ladies*, the latest and greatest cell phone every other month, or shoes like the one you posted and the desire to walk around the mall showing off your orange Hermes bag...

Hopefully one day you'll come to the realization that this is not the only way to show wealth, taste and "classiness". (Again, without saying that yours is the wrong way, or the majority of members here are expressing the "right way") - surely your income can buy you some very nice Edward Greens or John Lobbs in the area of shoes.

Just to reiterate, I understand the cultural difference at play here and why both your choices of purchases and even your blog can be considered gauche.

*To prove this point, take a look at the website of a highly successful second-hand handbag store in Hong Kong. Women would literally purchase a handbag from there, use it for a month, bring it back and exchange it for a new model. It can then appear they are extremely well off and are fashion leaders, with a new designer handbag every week...

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
But he didn't sign up for StyleForum last week; before he posts he knows everyone's going to rag on it because of the branding. There's literally no way he could have predicted a positive response!

I believe this is called denial. Maybe he can find a few kindred spirits hi-fiving him on his proposed buy.

These shoes are an 'evolution' of LV's Daimler patterns. LV has many shoes with the Daimler patterns in pony hair in contrasting dark and light brown patterns. If you have LV shirts, wallets, belts and bags with the Daimler patterns, why not add the shoes? I bet you would look awesome and the LV SAs would positively surround and fawn over you like you are Karl Lagerfield at Chanel.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
*To prove this point, take a look at the website of a highly successful second-hand handbag store in Hong Kong. Women would literally purchase a handbag from there, use it for a month, bring it back and exchange it for a new model. It can then appear they are extremely well off and are fashion leaders, with a new designer handbag every week...

Wouldn't the purseforum brigade know what these losers are doing and laugh at them behind their back, hence destroying whatever benefit these losers get from engaging in this practice?

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, let this guy enjoy his brand stuff. Many of you guys sound like a bunch of old ladies and I know you people actually love to read on purseforum, you don't fool me here.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Wouldn't the purseforum brigade know what these losers are doing and laugh at them behind their back, hence destroying whatever benefit these losers get from engaging in this practice?

Not to sound crass, but most of the women engaging in this practice in Hong Kong speak very limited amounts of English.
eh.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
What is there to appreciate?
Well he's enjoying his gear apparantly and, like mentioned before, his fits are actually not too bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads