• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What would this Louis Vuitton shoe good for ? is it considered as Dress shoe?

hermes man

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
379
Reaction score
43



honestly it look quite impressive , but I wonder when and for what can I wear it? and with what?

i take it that it is not suitable for formal or work since its too tacky and over the top but not like that matter since i am not a white collar worker

the design is inspired from Louis Vuitton's Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Show
 

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
3,516
Reaction score
835
Louis Vuitton has a lot of great shoes, but I wouldn't label that one. If you do have your heart set on it, I see it as an evening shoe and would be great at high-faluting parties.

You do realize that 9 out of 10 folks here think Allen Edmonds is about as fashionable as a shoe gets, so your query is going to spark controversy, criticism, and outrage.
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,512
Reaction score
12,028
Lol, those shoes are terrible.

Hermes Man, you have obnoxious taste.
 

tone76

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
379
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by hermes man
honestly it look quite impressive , but I wonder when and for what can I wear it? and with what?

I'd wear them when going out clubbing. With that much obvious LV branding on them, you'll have to pry the ladies off you with a crowbar.
 

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
676
Reaction score
43
Those are truly hideous. How many more will take the bait?
 

Last Year's Man

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by tone76
I'd wear them when going out clubbing. With that much obvious LV branding on them, you'll have to pry the ladies off you with a crowbar.

You go to the wrong clubs. Those shoes are a hideous abomination. If you must wear them, I would restrict it strictly to in-the-house where no one can see you, maybe only in bed - or even better, keep them as toilet shoes and use them to keep your feet away from that cold tiled floor. Then flush when done.
 

tone76

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
379
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by Last Year's Man
You go to the wrong clubs.
No, I just aim for the low hanging fruit.
Originally Posted by Last Year's Man
keep them as toilet shoes and use them to keep your feet away from that cold tiled floor. Then flush when done.
They'll also keep your feet dry. Perhaps that is the highest and best use of these shoes after all?
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,512
Reaction score
12,028
Originally Posted by 997CTSurg
Those are truly hideous. How many more will take the bait?

I don't think Hermes man is a troll. He's too consistent in his posts and on his horrendous brandwhore blog.
 

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
15,159
Reaction score
2,532
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I don't think Hermes man is a troll. He's too consistent in his posts and on his horrendous brandwhore blog.

+1
 

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
15,159
Reaction score
2,532
Originally Posted by hermes man
i take it that it is not suitable for formal or work since its too tacky and over the top but not like that matter since i am not a white collar worker
Are you some kind of prince? Judging by the photos on your blog, you are super wealthy. I don't see how a blue collar worker could be that wealthy, so you must be an heir or a prince, or something.
 

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
676
Reaction score
43
Totally missed his blog. I throw myself on my sword.

The blog is a calamity.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,229
Messages
9,194,770
Members
193,107
Latest member
Paramar

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top