1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What would this Louis Vuitton shoe good for ? is it considered as Dress shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes man, Feb 12, 2011.

1. hermes man

hermes man Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

honestly it look quite impressive , but I wonder when and for what can I wear it? and with what?

i take it that it is not suitable for formal or work since its too tacky and over the top but not like that matter since i am not a white collar worker

the design is inspired from Louis Vuitton's Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Show

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

is it considered as Dress shoe?

It's considered an eyesore.

3. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Cannot wait for Louis Vuitton to release their Toilet Paper collection with their logo plastered all over it.

4. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

It's considered an eyesore.

X2 those are nasty

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Louis Vuitton has a lot of great shoes, but I wouldn't label that one. If you do have your heart set on it, I see it as an evening shoe and would be great at high-faluting parties.

You do realize that 9 out of 10 folks here think Allen Edmonds is about as fashionable as a shoe gets, so your query is going to spark controversy, criticism, and outrage.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Lol, those shoes are terrible.

Hermes Man, you have obnoxious taste.

7. tone76

tone76 Senior member

honestly it look quite impressive , but I wonder when and for what can I wear it? and with what?

I'd wear them when going out clubbing. With that much obvious LV branding on them, you'll have to pry the ladies off you with a crowbar.

8. 997CTSurg

997CTSurg Senior member

Those are truly hideous. How many more will take the bait?

9. Last Year's Man

Last Year's Man Senior member

I'd wear them when going out clubbing. With that much obvious LV branding on them, you'll have to pry the ladies off you with a crowbar.

You go to the wrong clubs. Those shoes are a hideous abomination. If you must wear them, I would restrict it strictly to in-the-house where no one can see you, maybe only in bed - or even better, keep them as toilet shoes and use them to keep your feet away from that cold tiled floor. Then flush when done.

10. tone76

tone76 Senior member

You go to the wrong clubs.
    No, I just aim for the low hanging fruit. [​IMG]
    keep them as toilet shoes and use them to keep your feet away from that cold tiled floor. Then flush when done.
    They'll also keep your feet dry. Perhaps that is the highest and best use of these shoes after all?

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Those are truly hideous. How many more will take the bait?

I don't think Hermes man is a troll. He's too consistent in his posts and on his horrendous brandwhore blog.

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I don't think Hermes man is a troll. He's too consistent in his posts and on his horrendous brandwhore blog.

+1

13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

i take it that it is not suitable for formal or work since its too tacky and over the top but not like that matter since i am not a white collar worker
    Are you some kind of prince? Judging by the photos on your blog, you are super wealthy. I don't see how a blue collar worker could be that wealthy, so you must be an heir or a prince, or something.

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

The brandwhore blog may be one of the funniest things I have ever read though. And this guy really makes my day just a little bit better.

15. 997CTSurg

997CTSurg Senior member

Totally missed his blog. I throw myself on my sword.

The blog is a calamity.

16. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Uuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm........ High class sleaze.

Good for your "Mr. Mercerized" personae, but not for an interview --- unless one of the glamour industries, of course.

17. Newlaw

Newlaw Senior member

I would actually look down on someone for wearing those.

18. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

According to Hermes Man's blog, he just went on a $7,000 spree:

Imagine what kind of a shoe rotation this guy could assemble if he actually had taste. He would give Aportnoy a run for his money.

19. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

In so many words... Those shoes say, "hey, just in case you didn't see my other tasteless expensive shit to be noticed by, heres some more."

20. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

What I don't get is why you keep asking these ridiculous questions on styleforum. 1st - Justin Bieber look 2nd - Ugly ass Comme des Garcons t-shirt to look like Kanye West 3rd - The Cape thing 4th - These ugly ass Louis Vuitton shoes. Hermes Man, this is simply not the forum to be asking about these items... It baffles me that you haven't figured this out yet. To answer your question bluntly: Those shoes should not be worn...period. Not for any occasion. They should thrown in the garbage...right now.