1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What where you wearing then?. Pre SF edition.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rye GB, Oct 5, 2008.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

For a Halloween costume contest at my old job. Was nervous to wear this out in public actually. Not sure I'd do it again but it got a few laughs.
    [​IMG]
    10/31/06

That face is partially because of the alcohol involved and partially because my nipple was being snatched off.
    [​IMG]
    12/19/06

[​IMG]
    1/22/07

2. Eason

Eason Senior member

GoSurface, you looked like you used to be more fun [​IMG]

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I'm still capable of the fun. Its just that, my heart has been hardened by life, and by Jet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shut up bitch.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

mad respec.
    Hell yeah. I have two first editions signed by him, but I didn't have a camera when I met him.
    Off topic but fuck it. I was in DC back in '01 riding the metro while reading Atlantis Found. This older guy wearing dark sunglasses sat across from me and a few stops later he asked me what I thought of the book. I told him it was my second or third Clive that I had read but I greatly enjoyed the character and plots as I was into history and also a diver. I mentioned how much they needed to turn "Inca Gold" into a movie with George Clooney as Pitt. A few weeks went by and I decided to google Clive's photo.

When I met him at that signing a few years later I told him the story and he laughed about it. He said he didn't have the heart to tell me who he was. It wasn't until I had left the store that I saw he had signed the book, "To Dirk Pitt-."

me balling at i think age 6 or 7
    Is it just me or do your cuffs get lower as you get older? [​IMG]

6. xchen

xchen Senior member

I'm into history too, and while I haven't finished a Clive Cussler novel yet I am familiar with a few of the plots and the characters. I saw Sahara and I liked it enough that I wanted to pick up one of the novels but I am a bit behind as it is with a few Tom Wolfe (my favorite) novels left and some Bret Easton Ellis novels (on American Psycho now) but I'll probably read at least one of the Dirk Pitt stories within the next year.

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

LA 2005 YSL (Tom Ford) moto jacket Dior Homme t-shirt ...still have both. [​IMG] Santa Barbara 2002-2005 Lots of athletic/team gear [​IMG] [​IMG] Grand Cayman 2003 I think this was my "Chip Chip Mother Fucker" DSquared2 t-shirt [​IMG] Halloween 1993 Dolly Parton [​IMG] NYC Fall 2006 Paul Smith blazer, Dolce & Gabbana shirt, Armani pants, LV shoes [​IMG] LA 2005 Miu Miu trench, Cloak t-shirt, Jil Sander jeans, Dior Homme sneakers [​IMG] LA 2005 Prada frames, Helmut Lang shirt [​IMG] Santa Barbara 2004 DSquared2 shirt, John Galliano boxer boxer shorts, D&G jeans [​IMG]

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is in San Francisco, the last week of 2001. The jacket is East West Musical Instruments, a cult collectable vintage label that surprisingly gets no play on this forum. The jackets were all hand made in the late 60's and early 70's and came out of a hippie music shop in San Francisco. I ended up selling this jacket but I have a few friends that collect these. [​IMG] [​IMG] Fall of 2001. Vintage Wrangler, LVC 47's and Birkenstocks (yikes!). [​IMG]

9. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

where were all those hot girls when i was your age?

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Fall of 2001. Vintage Wrangler, LVC 47's and Birkenstocks (yikes!).
    [​IMG]

Maybe it's just this pic, but it looks like you've lost a substantial amount of weight since then. Maybe it's just more fitting clothing that you wear now.

11. xchen

xchen Senior member

where were all those hot girls when i was your age?

^ hanging out with the gay guys... exactly where they are now. [​IMG]

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

Awesome jacket.

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Santa Barbara 2001-2005 Lifeguard shorts and shirt and flip flops [​IMG] [​IMG] Italy 2004 Paul Smith suit DSquared2 shirt [​IMG]

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

^^^^^^^
    All fascinating, especially Baron and the evolution of SoCal's hair.

15. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

16. Smells Like Poor

Smells Like Poor Senior member

p.s. for that last fit i had never read hypebeast or anything like that either

Cold World made up for that.

17. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

this thread rules its like a time machine [​IMG]

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

19. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

[​IMG] What I wore: Gianni Versace 1990 Spring /Summer Atelier silk shirt. Summer 2002: Griffith Park, Los Angeles [​IMG] Going on a hike with my Shiba Inu dog. Cargo Pants: Tsubi Shirt: Barney's New York

20. boozingalcoholic

boozingalcoholic Well-Known Member

Oh nice! I have a shiba inu right now! Best dog I have ever own but from what i hear they're impossible to train...is that right? Maybe I have an a hole for a dog