1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What were the sizes of these oversized white buttons on navy blazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RoseGardener, Feb 12, 2018.

1. RoseGardener

RoseGardener Well-Known Member

I have a DB navy blazer currently with gold buttons, nothing wrong with it but I am debating to inject new life into it by changing to white buttons. Then I saw these pics, those white buttons sure looked oversized. Anyone care to guess what size were they? Any opinion on these big buttons?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

Smoked mother of pearl would be nice. The examples posted above are all terrible.

3. RoseGardener

RoseGardener Well-Known Member

Color is subjective, I was more curious about the size of those buttons.

4. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

Standard suit buttons are usually 32L (ligne) but DB suits buttons are often 34L or 36L. I am guessing that the high contrast also makes the buttons appear larger. Just be aware that larger buttons may not fit through your existing buttonholes, which would require them to be enlarged.

5. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

Colour is subjective to a degree, but those jackets all fit terribly and the buttons do them no favours. Especially with a striped DB the whole thing is totally incoherent.

The last one at least has some kind of harmony with the trousers, though you'll the bracelets, purse and massive watch to make the whole thing work.

You can just measure your current buttons in mm and ask your retailer to provide buttons in the same size.