• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What watch is Barack Obama wearing in this video?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
41 views and no replies? There IS a closeup very near the beginning...

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being from Timezone, I believe the concensus was that it is a commemerative (read: cheap, no brand) watch with the presidential or Secret Service logo on the dial. Also, the lack of any AR-coating would lead me to believe it's relatively cheap, sub $500 probably.

BryanHarig

Reaction score
He definitely would not wear anything that is overly expensive or flashy. It would only feed into the already absurd republican talking point that he is somehow an 'elitist' despite having 1/100 McCain's net worth.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BryanHarig
He definitely would not wear anything that is overly expensive or flashy. It would only feed into the already absurd republican talking point that he is somehow an 'elitist' despite having 1/100 McCain's net worth.
Haven't you heard!? He's an elitist and a Marxist!

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
Haven't you heard!? He's an elitist and a Marxist!

...he says, as if those two need be mutually exclusive. He's got you fooled. You'll see soon enough though...

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
...he says, as if those two need be mutually exclusive. He's got you fooled. You'll see soon enough though...

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Ah like people on here aren't either elitists or wish to be ones.

habitue

Reaction score
There's nothing bad about being an elitist.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree with the above that it is probably nothing spectacular.

BUT, I wish it were something exclusive/expensive, just so I could see Sarah Palin butchering the pronunciation of "Patek Philippe" or "Jaeger Le Coultre" on the stump while talking to "Joe Sixpack."

"And those hoopnanny goldarn liberal elitists... what with their 'Jay-ger luh Culture' and 'Putt-tech Philip' watches... you won't see that on THIS team of mav'ricks!!!"

kcc

Reaction score
That dame is such a knucklehead

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I agree with the above that it is probably nothing spectacular.

BUT, I wish it were something exclusive/expensive, just so I could see Sarah Palin butchering the pronunciation of "Patek Philippe" or "Jaeger Le Coultre" on the stump while talking to "Joe Sixpack."

"And those hoopnanny goldarn liberal elitists... what with their 'Jay-ger luh Culture' and 'Putt-tech Philip' watches... you won't see that on THIS team of mav'ricks!!!"

I'm sure she's run into those labels at her "favorite consignment store in Anchorage".

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
N/M, I read the link above and it answered it. I thought maybe it was some special watch with special security alarms or something, but no, it was just a bday present.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 133 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 120 15.6%
  • 31 - 40