What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dmash, Oct 8, 2009.

1. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I was watch shopping this past summer and had to make a tough decision between Hamilton and Victorinox.

I went for the Victorinox Swiss Army Infantry. Stainless steel band with a white face and dark grey numbers.

Wasn't looking for anything too flashy. Just a good, simple day-to-day watch. I've been very satisfied.

2. spertia

spertia Senior member

What are your thoughts on wearing a black face, brown strap watch with both a black belt and a brown belt? Is it versatile enough? or should I purchase a black strap to go with the black belt?

I'm speaking of the Stowa Airman to be specific.

I think it's acceptable and have worn my Airman with brown strap while wearing black shoes/belt. However, I still think that a matching black band would be preferable in these situations, and so I have just purchased a black strap for this purpose.

3. spertia

spertia Senior member

for the record i bought the junghans max bill chronoscope bc i was absolutely in love with the design, so its not all about the label or the brand name either for me too [​IMG]

I have been badly wanting to get this watch. The design is 100% classic; to me, it is like getting an IWC Portuguese for a fraction of the cost. Did you go with the black or white face?

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

bell & ross vintage 126
    iwc ingenieur chrono

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I've posted these before, but one of the best looking "designer" watches in recent memory were these that TF did for YSL Rive Gauche. They were on the market for a really short time (maybe one season?) then Ford got fired and I don't think they were kept in production.

I've been looking for one for a while, but no luck. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. vikingmd

vikingmd Active Member

I just bought one of those yobokies Seikos. I looking forward to seeing it. Reminds me a lot of the Sinn, but for $1100 dollars less.

7. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

I've posted these before, but one of the best looking "designer" watches in recent memory were these that TF did for YSL Rive Gauche. They were on the market for a really short time (maybe one season?) then Ford got fired and I don't think they were kept in production.

I've been looking for one for a while, but no luck. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG i so remember trying one of those on - but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a 'designer watch.'

i still love them though and when i remember i search for them on ebay [​IMG]

8. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

I have been badly wanting to get this watch. The design is 100% classic; to me, it is like getting an IWC Portuguese for a fraction of the cost. Did you go with the black or white face?

i went with the white bc i like how, bc its bezel-less, it brings a nice bright accent to my wrist. most of the clothes i wear are on the darker side - navy, black, grey etc - so it nicely 'breaks up' my outfit instead of getting lost. i have mine on a dark brown glossy lizard strap.

if i wasn't saving up for vintage rolex date (the smaller version of datejust), i would get the black one too.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

This is what I wear when I don't feel the need to be able to tell what time it is at a glance.
    [​IMG]

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

Currently wearing a Rolex Explorer II. My other daily wearer is an IWC Mark XVI on black leather.
    [​IMG]

11. unrated

unrated Senior member

I just bought one of those yobokies Seikos. I looking forward to seeing it. Reminds me a lot of the Sinn, but for $1100 dollars less.
    Likewise, what mods did you request from him? Before my final decision, I kept bouncing around. At first I wanted the 4.5hr date dial with the anchor looking second hand, then the normal face with the date dial at 3. I finally settled on the pilot hands with lance second, dateless dial. In other words, it looks like the Sinn 656 [​IMG]

12. mattah

mattah Member

Likewise, what mods did you request from him?

Before my final decision, I kept bouncing around. At first I wanted the 4.5hr date dial with the anchor looking second hand, then the normal face with the date dial at 3. I finally settled on the pilot hands with lance second, dateless dial. In other words, it looks like the Sinn 656 [​IMG]

Sinn 656 is a modern classic imho. [​IMG]

13. Lafont

Lafont Senior member

This is my dream watch: my Cartier Tank Francaise in yellow gold and alligator strap. Got it on eBay in 2005 and never regretted it. Guy in FL I purchased it from purchased it new from a very fine jewelers located at that time in the fabulous Galerias Pacifico in Buenos Aires:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Today's watch. Just the thing to wear while suffering at home with the flu, browsing SF and watching L&O SVU reruns.
    [​IMG]

15. unrated

unrated Senior member

Sinn 656 is a modern classic imho. [​IMG]
    You're absolutely right, but hey, the modded SNK809 looks pretty sharp for a 1/10th of the price [​IMG]