• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was your Halloween Costume?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other night:

Amjack/Chotchbag - 4 bright colored RL polo shirts, layered, with all collars popped. Baggier, distressed denim. White shoes. Fake barbed wire tattoo. Visor. Called everyone 'bro' the whole night.

Tonight:

Frenchman - Horizontal striped shirt, tucked into skinny charcoal trousers. Black pointed toe YSL shoes, suspenders, fake moustache, charcoal herringbone wool cap, striped scarf and gloves. Perhaps I will carry a loaf of bread around with me, and use a wine glass for all my drinks.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome. Last night I was a skinhead (with hair, I didn't have time to get a bald cap or shave my head): Fred Perry polo buttoned up tight, APC NS rolled up high, big black boots and flight jacket, and herringbone ivy cap. Not very creative, but whatever. Tonight, I'm not sure. I don't know if I want to do the same thing... blah. I'm not creative at all this year.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't even realize it was Halloween until I saw other people in costumes and then it occured to me that "hey, it's halloween."

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last night, I did the Unabomber.
180px-Unabomber-sketch.png

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
80's Halloween theme party tonight - so I'm doing a Miami Vice look.

Currently wearing, Joseph Abboud unlined linen suit (tan) - sleeves rolled up on the jacket, pale blue silk t-shirt and loafers w/o socks.

No stubble though - I had a job interview yesterday and my parents were visiting today, so I'm clean shaven.

Gotta say - I forgot how comfortable this look is to wear
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I went and bought a prop bodybag that said "county coroner" on it to wear, and painted my face like a corpse. By the end of the night, my costume, and the interior of J's BMW were covered in someone else's vomit and the body bag ended up in J's dumpster.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I went and bought a prop bodybag that said "county coroner" on it to wear, and painted my face like a corpse. By the end of the night, my costume, and the interior of J's BMW were covered in someone else's vomit and the body bag ended up in J's dumpster.

yeah, that's kinda gross.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It aint a party until someone throws up somewhere inappropriate!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh, I'm usually the least significant other at any social gathering.

aybojs

Reaction score
I was at work all night (we were open an extra half hour or so for DST too), but we got to dress up, so I wore a white cuff/collar lavender-striped Jantzen shirt, a cheesy red and blue printed Jerry Garcia tie, and some brown/black checked suspenders. Add an old pair of nerdy oval-shaped, brass-framed glasses, a coffee cup in hand, and a drab monotone emitting passive aggressive commands, and you have my Bill Lumberg costume.

Yeahhhh, I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday... that would be great.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Good times. I went back out last night with my roommate and we decided to put slight effort into it so we went to Value Village where I scored a nice NWT RLPL dress shirt in my size for $15, and bought myself a Cosby sweater. I wore herringbone pants, brown driving moc loafers, red argyle socks, the Cosby sweater, and a folded over black watch cap that was supposed to be my hair, since I couldn't find an Afro wig. I got a cigar and carried that around. So I was Bill Cosby. I should have gotten Jello pudding, but I forgot about it until it was too late. Only one person thought it was even slightly funny, which was the girl who sold me the cigar. She laughed almost inappropriately loud. But then again, if I worked in her store, I'd probably be drunk at work too.

My roommate was a Victoria's Secret angel, and we hit a couple of bars, in one of which she managed to severely piss off a girl by somehow accidentally implying that the girl was a guy dressed up as a girl cop, and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to apologize. After that didn't look like it was going to clear up, we went to a goth club and danced awkwardly for a while.

Then on the way home we stopped at the local pub for a nightcap where I schooled her at Simpsons pinball and got three replays.

All in all, a pretty fun night.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night I went as an amalgamation of Visual Kei Band members: White Crushed Velvet Nose band, Black Makeup around the eyes, Black with white embroidery shirt, hacked up slacks with crushed velvet extensions, big gothy silver cross, and about 3 belts on various parts of my body. I really wanted to find a stupid-small white jacket to wear over it but couldnt find anything remotely close in this town. Best part of all, one of the legs of the pants was cut so high people were complaining about seeing my package when I sat down. Im totally going to wear it to School on Tuesday too.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a Chicago mobster in a black pinstripe suit, fedora, and a black coat that draped over my tommy gun. My gf was a saloon girl, her roommates were a Trekkie and a baby in diaper. Her roommate's classmates went as 3 slutty girlscouts with their "Best *******" badges of honor. The last of our party was Beetlejuice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads