1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

what was your first computer?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by GQgeek, Jan 20, 2008.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Hardcore photo-editing dudes prefer CRTs over LCDs hands down. Better contrast and color rendition -- and there were some great 2D cards back then.

I'm not a design or photo-editing dude, but my impression is that people are finally switching to s-ips panels for that kind of work. Those that are really anal or have their work transfered to print use a combination of spectrometers and software to calibrate them.

2. crush

crush Senior member

the first computer i had contact with: C64
    first i owned: nintendo gameboy (the slim one in grey)

3. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

4. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I had a computer that I remember being called a "DEC-10" (we said "deck ten"). I googled around and can't figure out exactly what it was, or find a picture, but maybe some of you will know. It plugged into the TV and we used a cassette deck to save and upload programs. You could only save or upload one or two times per cassette, then there was too much noise and the computer would not upload the program. The first programs I wrote drew lines across the screen. Then we moved up to drawing a stick figure. It rocked. This was 1979 or 1980 IIRC.

6. WN2

WN2 Senior member

Spectravideo 328:

[​IMG]

Followed by Atari ST:

[​IMG]

Since then, just standard issue PC crap. Boring. 80's were much more fun.

7. remo72tg

remo72tg Well-Known Member

Mine was Commodore 128D, but i only used it to play Commodore 64 games on it.