1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What was Your Biggest Raise?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by greekgeek, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dshin

dshin Senior member

I recently changed positions in my company. Went from a sales director (leading a sales team) to a hedge analyst/trader on our capital markets team. Salary more than tripled. BUT my overall income will be reduced by about 30-40% since I went from a salary + commission pay structure to salary + end of yr bonus structure.

2. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Senior member

I worked as a software engineer making $36K. I decided to start working on a contract basis and went to $80K in 1985. I have been doing the contract gig ever since then. (The numbers are for W2; 1099 basis was $108K for 1985.)

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Before starting a new job I negotiated a 25% raise based on the cost of commuting from California to New Jersey, maintaining a second apartment, etc. By the time I started a couple of months later, a reorg had occurred and the hiring manager was elsewhere. Nobody ever mentioned commuting to the NJ office again, in fact I wound up working from home most of the time. I kept the raise.

4. Eason

Eason Senior member

Jumped ship for greener pastures, got 100% raise.

5. scientific

scientific Senior member

i did 50-100% on last job switch depending how you figure. absolute joke raise this year of about 1%. looking to jump ship again for another 100%

edit: and im by no means well paid

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

i did 50-100% on last job switch depending how you figure. absolute joke raise this year of about 1%. looking to jump ship again for another 100%

edit: and im by no means well paid

Same. And I'm realistically hoping for another a 25-30% bump when i just ship sometime in the coming year. [​IMG]