What wallet do you use?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dmash, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MarketOpportunity

MarketOpportunity Member

2. bimmernate

bimmernate Senior member

I just rock a Coach

3. Chung Knox

Chung Knox Well-Known Member

4. mrtophat

mrtophat Well-Known Member

The Tanner leather does indeed age nicely... here's my natural tan cardholder at the one year mark... no mink oil was used on it; just regular, everyday use.

[​IMG]

wow. i've always been confused as to the aesthetic of the tanner wallets, but this picture gives me a completely different perspective. looks great.

5. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

Need a wallet rec. I have the following things I need to carry:

2 CCs
    1 Debit
    1 Health Ins
    1 Student ID
    1 Driver's License (MA)
    2 Access Cards (would never be taken out)

So 6+2 at minimum. The two that would never be taken out could be put together. So ca. 7 slots minimum. I don't want to double up cards because taking them out and putting them back against the neighboring card tears up the magnetic strips.

Additionally, I have 3 punch cards I carry around (can be put together), and cash.

I don't mind thickness because I always remove the wallet from my pocket before sitting down. I am enamored of having a lanyard attached to my belt loop b/c it will make it easy to keep track of the wallet when I take it out (usually to practice guitar in a practice room).

I like the Redmoon wallets, but they don't look like they have enough slots. I got a Hartmann wallet/moneyclip combo that I ruined by putting in the oven after accidentally soaking it in a pair of jeans [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] . Actually I did this a couple years ago, but I am ready for a new wallet right about now b/c I often leave my wallet behind [​IMG] after taking it out. Hence the lanyard.

Something that ages and is 'decadent' per diorshoe would be perfect. Also a lanyard.

Thanks for a rec!

6. ma1

ma1 Senior member

I use a wallet made from a recycled pinstripe polyester/wool suit. It's pretty flimsy but really comfortable to sit on because it's so flexible and I think the fabric looks unusual for a wallet, I have doubts about its durability however.

I spent ages trying to find a decent, plain canvas wallet. All the ones I found had some kind of leather trim or piping around the edges. Or loud branding or print. Or just awful fabric. Why is it so had to find a good canvas bifold? Seems like a terribly simple thing.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i've been using the same wallet for like eight years, someone gave it to me when i was twelve and it's held up really really well, but i'd like to upgrade soon really like this one [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. flesy

flesy Active Member

[​IMG] LV Damier Graphite.

9. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Had a money clip wallet by Mont Blanc for a long time until summer when I realised that I messed up the slots by putting too many cards in each one, kinda got bulky, but it was nice and slim when I first got it. Kind of like this one [​IMG]

10. Godot

Godot Senior member

I carry what's called a Mission Wallet
    [​IMG]
    In it I carry a small Sebenza pocket knife-Arc 3AAA flashlight-tiny pen-plastic and cash.
    It's not really fashionable, but very practical.[​IMG]

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

I use a Coach money clip/card case my brother got my for Christmas like 10 years ago. It's small and it's held up just fine, so I see no reason to change.

12. graphicd

graphicd Member

I used classic bi-fold styles for as long as I can remember, but switched to a thin "front pocket" wallet about a year ago and could never go back. It's so nice to not feel my wallet when I sit down (which did felt weird/wrong for a short while).

Mine looks like this:

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472...ei=280&wid=280

There's an ID slot on the other side. I bought it from Ebags for about $20. Did have to really limit it to the essentials, but most places that require club cards can just take your phone number. Or you can just do something like this.

13. Listi

Listi Senior member

coach.

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

the only problem i have with the tanner natural wallet is, its not cut right so that the top slot for the CC doesnt stick out... damnit.