1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What wallet do you use?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dmash, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ejwoods

ejwoods Member

I recently replaced my 6 year old coach bifold wallet with a distressed leather wallet/iphone case with magnetic matching phone cover. It could be a bit sturdier, but I like being able to condense, or pull the phone out seperate.

Dock Artisan photo from their site: [​IMG]

My actual wallet:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. leathertalk

leathertalk New Member

just bought this wallet from their NY showroom. The perfect grey. Newish brand, called Deux Cuirs. Not sold that many places.....barneys I think but they have a site to buy and awesome stuff.
    It's all calfskin and the colors they do are custom to their stuff which is cool. All vegetable tanned so they have a cool baja feeling. Minimal design and really soft. Anyone else bought anything from them? www.deuxcuirs.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hobbahobba

hobbahobba Member

here you go http://goodisminc.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They even have their own phone app.

[​IMG]

4. Espi1971

Espi1971 Member

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. kaiokenryu

kaiokenryu New Member

[​IMG]
    SECRETARIES ROCK! Quarter for scale. This is my favorite "thing" i own. it has a story of its own....and it gets told at least 2-3 times/year. when u hold it....you know it has seen some things.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i use lv damier. i got it used from ebay for $265 usually $450 and it was great condition then and still great condition now

7. damiance

damiance Well-Known Member

I'm a seasonal user, I use about 10 different wallets

Today Python Reticulatus, bespoke.

[​IMG]

8. Espi1971

Espi1971 Member

giudi pelletterie

http://www.giudi.com/en/azienda/

FYI any of you guys in Tampa Bay who like International Mall: visit the store Eleganza. Guy has all kinds of leather wallets and shoes and jackets. I bought a shiny black handmade-looking briefcase there and he threw in the wallet for free. Everything in the store is made in Italy.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  9. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

damn .. i followed that link thinking that GUIDI had released a wallet .. so disappointed :(

10. auditeur

auditeur Member

Hey guys! First time poster, some time lurker here..
    I'm on the prowl for an new wallet, and i'm having a hard time figuring out an adequate buy.

I currently have an beaten and torn up noname calfskin tri-fold i got from my mother 9 years ago.

My preference would be an 4-9 card slot slim bi-fold with or without a coin pouch, preferably in structured/blank black leather, price point 0-350$, but preferably at around 100$+.

I have checked out some wallets/brands.

* Tommy Hilifiger, models Eton/Capestripe 90$ seems nice, unsure about the quality.
    * Polo Ralph Lauren, 90$, didnt really like the "natural" leather.
    * Tiger of Sweden, 90$, seems nice, unsure about the quality
    * Bally, Model Bollen 190$, nice leather, got the feeling of good quality
    * Hugo Boss 190$, also nice leather, feeling of qood quality, comes with a keychain which however felt like a turnoff, gave me the feeling of cheap marketing.
    * Paul Smith, 190$, seems nice but gimmicky with to much colour on the inside
    * Louis Vuitton, Daimier/Monogram/Epi, 280-370$, bit douchy and i didnt feel as if the value met the cost.
    * Mulberry 300-350$, Meh, nice and all, but unsure if the quality would be better than that of bally or hugo boss, and worth the premium.
    * Bottega Veneta 370$, nice and all, but unsure with the intrecciato for everyday use and if i really appreciate its design, pricey, feeling of good quality.

Would really appreciate some input and guidance/experience, alternatives, since i seem to complicate everything.
    Im in for long term, everyday use, so quality is important.
    Right now i kind of feel as if im leaning towards the TommyHilifiger/Bally/HugoBoss.

Best regards

11. auditeur

auditeur Member

Hi, not sure if your post was aimed towards me specifically, but i checked out your shop, and albeit your very nice craftmanship, i guess my taste is a bit too conservative. Then i also live in Scandinavia, tolls and shipping are murder.

All the best!

12. aglose

aglose Senior member

@Bryer Leather how many cards can fit in your minimalist card holders?

13. DMartins

DMartins Active Member

Nothing will ever beat Comme Des Garcons for me. Smart, sexy, practical - everything you'd want in a wallet without any huge logos, which I'm personally not a fan of.

14. Bryer Leather

Bryer Leather Active Member

Thanks for checking it out, and i appreciate your kind words! I do ship internationally, so if you ever decide you need any of my pieces, simply let me know!

Best to you as well, and a great week!

15. catchh

catchh Senior member

Just found this thread, so thought I'd share mine.

My Makr wallet:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used everyday since I bought it 3 years ago.

16. bluebird23

bluebird23 New Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/193042615/the-glider-wallet-of-the-future

My friend created a pretty awesome wallet, his kickstarter for it is the above link.

Made of polycarbonate, undetectable in your pocket, and holds:
    5 Cards, No Cash Bills
    4 Cards, 2-3 Cash Bills
    2 Cards, 6-8 Cash Bills with an insert he has developed and will add to the kickstarter site in a couple days once finalized

17. SNPRJoe

SNPRJoe New Member

All handmade in the USA

[​IMG]
    Along with one of these[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. TheSunisShining

TheSunisShining Senior member

Anyone have any hand-made & hand-stitched wallets?

19. littlewaysny

littlewaysny New Member

I make hand sewn wallets. I normally carry a new style Im working on to see how it will age and what I want to change on the next version.

Here is the current slim wallet card holder I have been carrying.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. walds11

walds11 Senior member