1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What wallet do you use?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dmash, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

i find that sort of weird, i really want the one sq4you has

yeah, that one's really nice...

2. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

direct... totally bought into the reviews on this site and launer marketing.

figure it'd be better than aspinal since it's got turned corners. but i just handled my friend's aspinal today. it's quite nice. inside the lining is very nice, like suede or just the underside of croc skin. construction seems great.

Please post pics when it arrives. I'm on the fence about one of their wallets, I think they look awesome but am not sure whether they're small enough to be front pocket wallets or not.

3. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

I got my Bottega Veneta wallet stolen a couple months ago, so im currently using a NN07 cardholder. Looking to buy a LV damier graphite wallet next month.

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Does anyone else put their bi-fold in their front pocket, or am I just some style-averse clown?

5. Captain Winky

Does anyone else put their bi-fold in their front pocket, or am I just some style-averse clown?

I won't carry a wallet that doesn't fit there.

6. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Please post pics when it arrives. I'm on the fence about one of their wallets, I think they look awesome but am not sure whether they're small enough to be front pocket wallets or not.

i got their wallet last friday. i used it for about 4 hours when i realized that the wallet was def not worth 180.

fk

the leather is really thin, stretches really easily. the numbers on ur credit card show an imprint really easily.

the dimensions of the us billfold was not as small as the website says. it was greater in height by .25".

there was a wrinkle in the cheap nylon liner which caused an imprint into the leather as well.

another thing that started to bug me was the huge logo inside.

fortunately after emailing the company directly (not via website, u just get ignored) the person tried to get me a new wallet and a 10% reduction in price, but i wanted a full refund. they agreed and said that "the last thing they would require would be an unhappy launer customer" so at least they're honest and accommodating. they also agreed to pay for the return shipping.

if you all want a nice wallet from england i'd go for aspinal. i liked my friend's aspinal a lot, it's just that it's rather large. good quality stuff though, esp for the price.

i might just check into the coach outlet and be done with it for 40 bucks instead...

7. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

LV damier canvas graphite pocket organizer. i carry a DL, credit card, atm/debit card (for those times that i will need cash), & health card

no cash, im one of those assholes who hand over a credit card for a 1 dollar purchase. then again i usually redeem ~$500/year in cashback rewards so that is my reasoning for doing so.

Hey thats the same wallet I use and I love it..Have you notice any rub-off where the credit cards hit the inside and seem to rub off a bit of the perforations?
    I do the same with purchases..What bank do you use to get those rewards.I'm with wellsfargo and their rewards suck.I've been using it for over 6 months and takes forever to get a good amount of points.I'm thinking of switching over to something else.

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

Used to carry a bunch of denim head wallets but I really needed to keep it slimmer and more classic for work so now I carry a Coach bi-fold in water buffalo from the outlet. It's aged quickly and beautifully. From now on I only want a nice plain bi-fold every 5 years or so.

9. farraj18

farraj18 Senior member

10. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

11. Captain Winky

this is basically what i've been wanting...

http://www.tobi.com/product/23989-pa...et-accessories

fk, it costs 208.25 after 15% first-time discount.

and then the swaine adeney brigg hip wallet looks good too, but it's really expensive at almost $250.

I once looked at that but decided given the mixed reviews of PS wallets I wasn't going to pay that much. I bought this, and it's been pretty good, besides the silver logo, which I'm not a fan of:
    [​IMG]

12. Captain Winky

i got their wallet last friday. i used it for about 4 hours when i realized that the wallet was def not worth 180.

fk

the leather is really thin, stretches really easily. the numbers on ur credit card show an imprint really easily.

the dimensions of the us billfold was not as small as the website says. it was greater in height by .25".

there was a wrinkle in the cheap nylon liner which caused an imprint into the leather as well.

another thing that started to bug me was the huge logo inside.

fortunately after emailing the company directly (not via website, u just get ignored) the person tried to get me a new wallet and a 10% reduction in price, but i wanted a full refund. they agreed and said that "the last thing they would require would be an unhappy launer customer" so at least they're honest and accommodating. they also agreed to pay for the return shipping.

if you all want a nice wallet from england i'd go for aspinal. i liked my friend's aspinal a lot, it's just that it's rather large. good quality stuff though, esp for the price.

i might just check into the coach outlet and be done with it for 40 bucks instead...

Wow, that's very disappointing, especially given how much they are loved on the MC forum. I really like the ones with the colored interiors, too. Guess I'll want to wait till I can see one in person and judge if they're all the same as you say, or if perhaps you just got a lemon.

13. mattt

mattt Senior member

14. olstudios

olstudios Well-Known Member

I use an old fossil wallet that I got for my birthday a few years ago. Looking for a slim profile one, still haven't found one that I love yet, though.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Ended up getting this one when it went on sale: [​IMG]

16. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i don't understand why anyone would want a wallet that big

18. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

I just have a thing for biker style wallets [​IMG] I do have smaller wallets and coin pouches for different occasions, but usually I like my wallets to have a bit of weight. I suppose to 'understand', you'd probably have to like 'em first.

19. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I do think they're cool looking. The size just seems ... insane.

20. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Yeah, the one in the picture is a bit extreme, around 400 grams in weight (the heaviest I've owned).
    I originally wanted a bi-fold with a single-layer snap, but the company didn't make it with the leather I wanted, so I had to settle with a tri-fold with double layer snaps.

[​IMG]

Bikers are usually about that size though (in terms of length and width), but maybe half the thickness and weight. They definitely take some getting use to though, especially if sitting down in new raw denim.

Here's my more conventional sized wallet:
    [​IMG]